Part editor - display cube

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Scott Hochuli

Part editor - display cube

Post by Scott Hochuli »

I made a display cube to act as a work surface for a desk I am designing. I then select the cube and take it to the part editor for editing, I form my three point arc, and select the other areas to be cut away, perform my contour cut just like in v4, and no problems so far, however, when I \"return\" (exit) from the parts editor the cube color stays yellow, and doesn't revert back to the black laminate I had selected when creating the cube. I now have a desk with a yellow top, any ideas?

I know it is now possible to create countertops in v5, which looks like it has great potential, however, I was not able to figure how to create the curved work surface using the countertop editor.

thanks for the help, Scott
Michael Rice

Post by Michael Rice »

Scott
I've experienced the same thing. I didn't think it was that big of a deal since mine was a cabinet part that I could texture match. But it is a problem if it is a material of a different color. I hope some of the pros will have an answer for this.
Mike
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

I've experienced the same problem as well, and if I don't have a cab loaded when it happens I just load a generic display cube with the texture of my original, use it to texture match and delete. PITA but workable, hoping they can patch the fix for that one.....

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Scott Hochuli

Post by Scott Hochuli »

thanks for responding Mike and Mike,

I tried the texture match and that doesn't do the trick, however, I can texture match a cabinet to the yellow top. Tried to remake the top several times, no luck, tried a shutdown and restart, nothing.

Maybe i'll just try to sell the job with a yeller top :)
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Scott,
Bring in another display cube, just a 12 x12x12 with the texture you really want and texture match to that then delete the cube. I have had luck doing that. I am sure they will get this fixed soon.

You can also make a counter top then in detail room double click on it to highlight it and then right click and choose Part Editor. This will send the top to the Part Editor where you can do contour cuts and profile edges on any top.

Kerry
Scott Musich
Company Name: SCM Millwork and Drafting

Re: Part editor - display cube

Post by Scott Musich »

Looking to create a peninsula with a curved counter...panels on the back....Finding that this software is very limited geared more towards creating CNC cut list......I work on AutoCad but haven' t created all the individual cabinets in 3d.Any insight would be helpful. Also would like to render in 3d line drawing only. Is this possible
Kenneth Rychlik

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

I had a cabient with duplicate parts and it turned yellow. For some wierd reason, it made multiple sides on several parts.

I don't know if you have this happening, but on the one that I had this happening to, I had to delete the yellow part and it went back to normal. If you delete it and it is gone, then thats not it.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Gentlemen,

Can one of you give me some concise steps to make this display cube texture problem reproduce? To our knowledge, we have not been made aware that this issue existed (maybe we've missed something...). I have tried a few things and do not see the issue (tried it in the Custom Layout and in the Cab/Assm Editor). If someone can give me some steps to make it reproduce, I will get it resolved for everyone. Thanks in advance...
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Scott Vaal,

This thread originated back in 2006 and has somehow resurfaced. I am not sure everyone is still talking about the original problem.

Kerry
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Kerry Fullington wrote:Scott Vaal,

This thread originated back in 2006 and has somehow resurfaced. I am not sure everyone is still talking about the original problem.

Kerry
Kerry,

I am not sure either. But, as long as someone can show me how to reproduce it, we should be able to resolve it.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000