Cutter missing sheet problem !

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Cutter missing sheet problem !

Post by Dale Wills »

I have a problem that seems to have deveoloped all of a sudden. When machining my sheets of melamine I have noticed that the cutter almost is not trimming anything off the parts which nest along sides and ends. Its as if the pins have been knocked in, in which would move the sheet position in aswell. This is not the case. Also when I've nested in off-falls the cutter is also missing the sheet.
Can anyone shed light on whats going on please?
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Dale,
You might want to see if \"nest to the edge of the sheet\" is checked in rn settings.
Joe
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Dale,

Also, make sure that your G901 or fence location is the same as it was. This will determine if the pins have moved. Offall will do this as it leaves as much material as it can.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Dale,

Are you aware that when nesting in off fall pieces, that you must know the original sheet size, then when placing the off fall piece on the table, it must be located in the corner of the \"would have been full sheet\" closest to home position of the machine.

Note: If your not totally sure of what the original material sheet size was for the off fall your currently nesting in, you can look at the SET XSHIFT & SET YSHIFT values if they exist in your cnc program, to determine origingal stock material length and width.
Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Post by Dale Wills »

how can i find out if my G901 location has changed ?
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Dale,
If you dont have a record of your 901 you will have to find it first (with a board agains the pins touch the edge of the sheet with a tool. 901 is this distance less half the tool diameter). Load the tool length sensor program, highlite the line that says m999 then block step+ answer yes (twice I think) 901 settings are near the top.
make any changes then fn end to the end of the program highlite the m99 line then block step+ yes(twice) then nc reset block step-
Hope this helps
Joe