Older Thermwood Machines

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Steve Meeks

Older Thermwood Machines

Postby Steve Meeks » Sun, Jul 31 2005, 7:02PM

I would like to know if ecabinet systems will work with older Thermwood machines. I am looking at a prominent machinery auction site and considering an older machine to get my feet wet in cnc without going bankrupt doing it. Also I wonder if Thermwood offers any fee based support/setup for used machinery as well.

Ryan Hochgesang

Postby Ryan Hochgesang » Mon, Aug 01 2005, 2:49PM

Hi Steve,

eCabinet Systems works with a Thermwood control feature known as Control Nesting. Control Nesting utilizes .twd files which are generated by the eCabinet software and is only supported by Thermwood controllers with the Windows operating system which is versions 5.0 and higher. Thermwood has a Retrofit dept. that is dedicated to doing upgrades and retrofits on older Thermwood machinery, that can enable you to update an older machine to run .twd files generated by eCab. If you have the machine number, you can contact us here at Thermwood to get pricing on upgrading an older Thermwood machine.

Thermwood does have feild service technicians that can travel to your facility to assist you on installing a machine. You can call Thermwood and ask for the service manager to check pricing or setup a service trip.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Steve Meeks

Older Machines

Postby Steve Meeks » Tue, Aug 02 2005, 6:58AM

Ryan,

Thanks for the reply and all of your help. Could you also help me get a copy of the ecabinetsystems software to get started?

Steve Meeks

Ryan Hochgesang

Postby Ryan Hochgesang » Tue, Aug 02 2005, 8:09AM

Steve,

You will need to go online and register for the software. Below is the address that you can copy and paste into the web browser:

http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/eCabinet ... q?OpenForm

Once your information has been processed and approved, you will receive the software by mail and a registration code by email.

Ryan

Return to “Thermwood 3-Axis Machinery”