Members Design Needs?

Place to discuss only the "Design Sharing" aspects of the eCabinet Systems software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

User Needs

Kitchen cabinets
39%
Commercial cabinets
12%
Closet systems
4%
Furniture
33%
Other (Please specify via post)
6%
Hmm (post required)
6%

Total votes: 49

Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Members Design Needs?

Post by Mike Bowers »

Now that this is an option for eCab members, I think we need to find out what our fellow members design needs are. The poll will help us, help you. If there are other cabinetry needs that are a day to day need, please select \"other\" but please respond via post. We are on the cutting edge of a new phase in cabinetry though this software & its users.
Thanks
Mike
We love what we do, we do it well.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey mike hows it going?

We do alot of commercial work. schools and office fit outs things like that. We do alot of 1 offs and all werid sizes sometimes!

Thanks

Thom Davies.
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Look's like Furniture is leading by a nose. I better fire up the air popper soon. :lol: :lol:
Geo Noeth

Post by Geo Noeth »

I checked the last option because my inclination was to check several of the boxes.

I do not need the same old stuff, but If someone came up with a breakthrough design idea in any of the listed areas I'd like to hear about it and I would not mind paying for it.
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

Ditto to what Geo said...wouldn't mind paying for a design that the customer likes.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Pop some for me to Mike. Yes, new fresh ideas are definitely in need.
Bill Rutherford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Bill Rutherford »

When I look at the vote results I see five people in need of kitchen cabinet designs. Have any of you checked out the offerings under kitchen cabinets. Both myself and Kerry have libraries offered that feature kitchen cabinets, perhaps these would be suitable to your needs. If you don't feel as though they would be suitable, does anyone have some feedback or suggestions on making them more suitable? Thanks.
Bill Rutherford
North Woods Manufacturing
Full service CNC Machining
and Edge Banding
http://www.northwoodsmanufacturing.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

That is an excellent suggestion Bill.

I don't do kitchens and don't have anything in the Design Sharing library but I do think feedback on what would make the designs more popular, for the lack of a better word, would benefit not only the designer but members searching for better designs. The libraries do after all, have the designer's name so you can PM or email suggestions and a link to write a review for anyone who purchases the library.

I strongly encourage everyone who purchases a library to write a review of the library no matter how short, just tell everyone about your experiences with the designs and the quality of the designs from your perspective.

I also think every vote should be accompanied by a post describing the needs of the voter. Who knows, someone might just have exactly what you need in their bag o'tricks.
Duane Marrett
Thermwood Team

Design Sharing

Post by Duane Marrett »

Hi Dan,

People who purchase libraries can also review and rate them on the Member Store. This can be a powerful tool for selling libraries to potential customers (the libraries can also be sorted by rating in each category).

In fact, every item on the Member Store can be rated and reviewed.
Thanks,

Duane Marrett
Thermwood/eCabinet Systems
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

Thom Davies wrote:Hey mike hows it going?
We do alot of commercial work
. schools and office fit outs things like that. We do alot of 1 offs and all werid sizes sometimes!

Thanks

Thom Davies.
Hi Thom
We do about 90% commercial, mostly corporate office millwork. We try to do the least amount of residential as possible. I like the spec'ed work off of blue prints vs. some homeowner changing there mind on a daily basis & unwilling to sign a change order. I'm sure we all have had that happen before.
Mike
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Design Sharing

Post by DanEpps »

Duane Marrett wrote:Hi Dan,

People who purchase libraries can also review and rate them on the Member Store. This can be a powerful tool for selling libraries to potential customers (the libraries can also be sorted by rating in each category).

In fact, every item on the Member Store can be rated and reviewed.
That's exactly what I was referring to and I think every library purchase SHOULD be given the courtesy of a review by the purchaser.

As far as the store items go, well, there is only so much you can say about a hinge that everyone uses :wink: but for new items that are listed reviews can be very helpful to everyone.
David Norton
Guru Member
Company Name: Custom Trim and Millwork

Post by David Norton »

I believe there should have been an \"all of the above\" check box\"!JMHO!
Dave Norton
John Landry

Post by John Landry »

I voted (at least I think I did) for \"other.\" My need is mostly for wall units. I build small and large built-in units for various customer needs (libraries, window seats with bookshelves, etc). Since they're all custom, one-of-kind productions, I need a large variety of style options to choose from. I may not use all the cabinets in a library I would purchase, but if the overall style matched or came close to what my customer was looking for, it would be worth the savings on design time for me to buy it. It's much more cost effective to take an existing cabinet and tweak it where I need to, than start from scratch.

It also never hurts to be on the lookout for some new design ideas and configurations.

John
John Powell

contemporary furniture

Post by John Powell »

Sorry forgot to vote will go back and do so next.
Hear in Australia there seems to be a big move towards appartment living,
with more and more high rise and not so high rise appartments being built or re developed. these all need to be furnished. and the trend seems to lean towards sleak,clean lined , glass/timber/s.steel,chrome.styled pieces.I dont seem to see many pieces of this style designed on ecabs. Maybe this would be an avenue to look into. Many thanks John.
Nearly is not enough
Roger Erismann

I replied under new topic

Post by Roger Erismann »

Sorry guys,

I think put a long winded response to your poll on a seperate topic\"my view of the next level\"

I didn't see this post untill after I wrote it
Wood Butcher/Case Maker