IWF 2006 Get-together

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Which day is best to have a group get-together at IWF after the show?

Poll ended at Sat, Aug 05 2006, 5:03PM

Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
No votes
Friday
100%
Saturday
No votes

Total votes: 7

Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Post by Jeff Norris »

better yet dan can wear his wizard outfit and we can all flock to him
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Jeff Norris wrote:better yet dan can wear his wizard outfit and we can all flock to him
Whachu talki bout? I ALWAYS wear it 'cept when I'm on vacation in Florida 8)

Michael--2 week moose hunt? I'll be happy to go in your stead so you can work.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Dan, thats not very nice, I have to leave the states to get some relief and you want to take that away from me...The thought of missing that break would probably put me over the edge, and you wouldnt want to be responsible for that now would you?
For those that have them,
Have a good weekend,
Mike
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Hey, I was just trying to lighten your load a little, man :lol:
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Lighten up Mike, go kill a moose or 2 :shock: :shock: Your stressing out too much bro :lol: :lol:

You don't work part time for the usps do you????? :wink:
We love what we do, we do it well.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Dan, Mike,
I really was joking ya, probably should have used one of those thingys on the left. Hope to meet you guys next weekend.
MIke
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

DanEpps wrote:I sure hope so but we didn't get a very good response from the poll. I will be there Friday for sure and we can all plan on meeting at the Thermwood booth around 5:00 or 5:30 and pick a place to eat then.

There are several good restaurants nearby most notably The Varsity, an Atlanta landmark. No reservations here even the president of the United States has to wait in line with everyone else 8) .

On top of the GWCC is a rotating restaurant that is on top of the (at least at one time) tallest hotel in the world (77 floors). I'm not sure whether it is still the tallest hotel any more or not. I know, I know, you are saying "surely there are taller hotels in the world", but they aren't ONLY hotels, they also have stores, offices, etc., this one is strictly a hotel.

Of course there is the usual Hard Rock,
Hooters
and such nearby as well.

I can't wait to meet everyone and swap some lies face-to-face :wink: .
Thats old school, this is where everyone should go to eat.....
http://floridaoffshorerace.com/media/videos/beavers.wmv
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

I think everyone meeting up at the Thermwood booth at a set time (5:30-6:00 works for me) sounds like the best, least complicated idea. I'll be there.

Course, at the rate eCabs is progressing, if we meet at the Thermwood booth, perhaps the combination of eCabinets and a Thermwood router will be able to make everyone's dinner right there. :lol:
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

Jeremy Schiffer wrote:I think everyone meeting up at the Thermwood booth at a set time (5:30-6:00 works for me) sounds like the best, least complicated idea. I'll be there.

Course, at the rate eCabs is progressing, if we meet at the Thermwood booth, perhaps the combination of eCabinets and a
Thermwood router will be able to make everyone's dinner right there.
:lol:
I was up at Taz's shop today, the router can do pretty much everything except cook Jemery :lol: :lol:
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

I don't know, I've heard they put out quite a bit of heat and the table vacuum could be used as a convection oven if you put a tent over it :lol: . Heck, we'll just drive up the street to Harry's Market and grab a truckload of ribs, shrimp, some mudbugs and whatever else looks good and fire up the demo machine after the show closes.

We could even use it to carve a big block of ice for a centerpiece on our table if somebody will bring a design file :D . We don't need to go up to that old $$$ rotating restaurant anyway.
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

DanEpps wrote:I don't know, I've heard they put out quite a bit of heat and the table vacuum could be used as a convection oven if you put a tent over it :lol: . Heck, we'll just drive up the street to Harry's Market and grab a truckload of ribs, shrimp, some mudbugs and whatever else looks good and fire up the demo machine after the show closes.

We could even use it to carve a big block of ice for a centerpiece on our table if somebody will bring a design file :D . We don't need to go up to
that old $$$ rotating restaurant anyway
What! You didn't like my suggestion on restaurants Dan??? :roll: :shock: :lol:
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester

Yeah Mike, those things are amazing. I will have one... hopefully about this time next year. Got all kinds of plans for it. Course, now I will add ice sculpting to it. heheh

I bet the Thermwood folks are getting a little worried now. What ARE we going to show up at their booth with? A pig? A block of ice? Wood to carve plates and cutlery from? :shock:

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester

For food, I vote for the Varsity. Two nekkid dawgs walkin', onion rangs and a PC. Mmm good...

CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Jeremy Schiffer wrote:For food, I vote for the Varsity. Two nekkid dawgs walkin', onion rangs and a PC. Mmm good...
As Lewis told Bubba, "That dog'll bite you". Don't fill in the blanks here, we can tell that story at dinner Friday :wink: .

You're probably scarin' our more northerly friends Jeremy. We could take them in the other direction (WSW) a few blocks to the Busy Bee and show everyone some real Southern food. It closes at 7 though so we would have to leave early.