Very strange!

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Very strange!

Post by Paul Ford »

I cut a job out lastnight with 8 different colours in it. (nightmare)!
When I got to the last colour (second to last sheet) it was cutting the sheet, got half way through it then the machine stopped and went home.
It then bought the blue screen up asking me to locate a different colour so I just pressed the green button to make it go. It cut 2 parts out which were supposed to be a different colour but nested on the same sheet and then went home and told me to locate the original colour that I had started with. it then proceeded to cut the rest of the sheet out as it was supposed to be cut. If I had put the colour it asked for on the machine and let it cut the 2 parts out there would have been no barcode or anything for it and the parts would have been cut out of the middle of the sheet and it would also have been a waste of material because I found out thismorning when I was sorting the job out that the 2 parts were supposed to be the colour that was already on the machine.
Just thought I would let you all know! always good to have something to read about.
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Paul,

Can you email me this job?

thanks,
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Jason,
I completed this job about a week ago and it may be fixed in 4.62,
would you like me to see if I can find the cnc file and send it to you for a looksie anyway?
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Paul,

Yes, if you could send me the file I will still look at it.

thanks,