Cherry Home Theater Wall

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Cherry Home Theater Wall

Post by Peter Walsh »

Just finished this one.
Built in V5 and then furnished in Fireworks Graphics. Stuffed animal is actually from a site photo of customer site. They go nuts when they see stuff like that. Have not presented quotation yet.
Peter
Attachments
Media Center.jpg
Media Center.jpg (99.26 KiB) Viewed 7271 times
David Norton
Guru Member
Company Name: Custom Trim and Millwork

Post by David Norton »

Very nice design Peter, try toning down your lighting. It will give a richer appearance. JMHO :D
Dave Norton
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

David,
Thanks for the kudos. The lighting thing was one of those cranky compromises where the customer's walls are pure white and you can't quite get the color of the wood to match the other cabinetry nearby without dicking around with the lighting.
Maybe I'll take another cut at it before presenting it and endure the pain of the long re-rendering waits on my underpowered PC.
Peter
Rolf Bergstrom

Post by Rolf Bergstrom »

I agree about the lighting sometimes being a pain to get right. I just finished a layout and I had to put many many lights at different elevations to get it right, and I am still not really happy. For me anyway, once I get enough light on the wood, there are shadows everywhere and everything else gets kind of washed out, and if you don't get enough light on the wood it looks too dark and you cannot see any of the detail.
Anyway, I use a buch of the dome style lights and place them at all different elevations and then just keep playing with the intensity of each light to get rid of the extreme shadows and get a good contrast. I'll post the one I am finishing up if you want to see it.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Rolf,
I use the dome lights as well. I also had some downlights up above but I've cut those back and took another cut at the whole thing. Looks better. When I get it populated with the books, etc. I'll re-post.
I would like to see the one you are working on when it's done.
regards,
Peter
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

OK
Here is the same cab with doors open and populated with books and TV the customer has.
Peter
Attachments
Media Open sml.jpg
Media Open sml.jpg (238.06 KiB) Viewed 7174 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I have to say Peter, there is a subtle but nice difference between the first and second renderings.

Nice work.
Attachments
PWalsh.jpg
PWalsh.jpg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 7161 times