any college football fans?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

who will win the mythical national championship?

auburn tigers
No votes
fighting irish
13%
schlonghorns
No votes
trojans
No votes
buckeyes
13%
mountaineers
7%
other
67%

Total votes: 15

Brian Rowland

any college football fans?

Post by Brian Rowland »

i'm giddy with excitement and anticipation! hailing from a state with no professional sports of any kind, born and raised in norman, any guesses which is my team? i know there are more of you out there. i don't think there's a more passionate breed of sports fan. with the exception, perhaps, of those crazy nascar/racing type folks. 8)
Joe Stone

Post by Joe Stone »

I got ND -Too much coaching, too much monet coming in to the sytem from them when they do well. I played, and believe it or not I don't watch much anymore. They so called amatuer stuff is almost as fixed as the pro junk has been for years. It takes the beauty of the atmosphere, the traditions, the students, the pure competion and waters it down. Plus I am from the same high school as Gary Danielson and he and Musberger drive me NUTS. I prefer to watch high school, and just started coaching 6 & 7 graders. It hasn been a great new experience, I am already thinking about doing it again and I don't have my own kids yet.
Joe Stone

Precision Concept Cutting
http://www.pccmich.com
Brian Rowland

Post by Brian Rowland »

hmm, you sound kinda bitter. :P obviously, the sport is big business these days, and there always will be the shady side of it, but i don't believe for a minute that anything is \"fixed.\" the logistics of fixing games and seasons and titles is impossible.

As for Danielson, I think he's one of, if not the best analyst/color guy out there. Musberger, I agree, is annoying. This may be blasphomy, but the worst play by play guy is Keith Jackson, so glad he's retired.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Sorry guys, I do baseball but not football, so my poll choice of \"Who cares\" wasn't there and I had to take \"Other\". :lol:

I'm sure if I ran a baseball poll some of you would give me the same answer, eh?
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

I'm a Fighting Irish man myself, at least during football season. My wife is a Buckeye fan, and so is one of my installers, so even if they do better than Notre Dame in any given season I just ask, \"How about that Maurice Clarett?\" :roll:
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Brian Rowland

Post by Brian Rowland »

ahhh, yes. i wish i could add a \"who cares\" selection. as always, good suggestion Dan.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hockey hockey hockey
Joe Stone

Post by Joe Stone »

I am a little bitter about the direction it ALL has taken. Im an old school guy who thiks that it is only a game. You play it cause you love it and that is what makes it fun and interesting. A lot of people share your opinion of Danielson, I have met him a number of times and he's a real jerk. I think it comes through in his broadcasts too if you pay more attention. He was VERY good years ago before he decided to be Joe Theisman JR.(another fab guy). I would have agreed with Rick but that idiotic strike sticks in my shorts here in Detroit. What do I get if they blow say three convenient calls in every gae the Irish are having trouble with??? The Brady Quinn but kissing contest is already to bust loose in the media (for their own purposes). The shame in it is the kid is a great player and will be seen as a chump if they stumble along the way to the media giving him and Charlie the trophy next week. I sure am not as bitter as it might look though. I have a number of friends who feel the same and they fill up every fall being mad as he!@ about it while I am out hunting or playing with my niece and nephews. I learned to cope :) :)
Joe Stone

Precision Concept Cutting
http://www.pccmich.com
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

I'm with Rick, I'm waiting for hockey season!
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Re: any college football fans?

Post by Mike Seisser »

Brian Rowland wrote: i don't think there's a more passionate breed of sports fan. with the exception, perhaps, of those crazy nascar/racing type folks. 8)
Must have seen Talladega Nights, huh?

I'm one of those 'crazy nascar/racing type folks'. Was a huge Rusty Wallace fan, now I cheer for whichever drivers I've picked in the weekly pool.

Pix below, Richard Petty Driving Experience at Chicagoland Speedway. L-R a very good friend who we surprised with this gift for his 40th, a kid who works for me, my wife, myself, another kid who works for me. 2nd pic is me in the car getting last minute instructions.

What a blast! I've already contacted them about a 'Corporate Event' next summer, and since I whipped em all and my wife took 2nd, everyone wants a rematch. :lol:
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Can i ask what sport we r talking about here? :wink:
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

Just kidding, we love our nascar here.
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

Damn! Coffee out the nose again! :lol: :lol: :lol:
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

David,
Never mind coffee out of the nose every so often...Everytime I see Jeremy's new avatar (The legs!) it's coffee or beer everywhere!
PLEASE JEREMY... I plead with you...hide those legs cos I can't concentrate
on what I am reading! :D :D :D

Paul
PS : Sorry Brian for changing your post into this!
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

You forgot to put the Michigan Wolverines on the list.... Huge college football fan plus a huge pro football fan. Just got done with our fantasy draft the day before I left for Atlanta.

Can't get enough