THM crash

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Chris Say

THM crash

Post by Chris Say »

When we try to load an Excel file at the machine Thermwood Control crashes. I can click on load for excel files then select the file and click then I'm immediately sent to the desktop. Any suggestions?

Chris
Rob Frenette

Post by Rob Frenette »

Hi All
First time here. just wanted to say I have learned a lot by checking out the forum and seeing what other machine owners and ecab members are
doing when dealing with issues on there machines and with the software.
I have used other software and i would have to say ecab is by far the best
software I have used. The support from the other members, CNC Automation and Thermwood is quite impressive. Our C45 is an awsome
Machine we extremely happy and totaly impressed with the help and support recieved. :D

Chris
Not sure if this is the first time you have used Exel on your machine, but if it is make sure the layout is exactly the same as the example on your machine. We had the same problem when we first used exel to machine some parts.

Thanks Again for a great system.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Chris,

If you want to email or post a copy of the excel file that you are trying to load, I will take a look at it.

Rob,

Thanks for the compliment on Thermwood Services & Software, it is appreciated.
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

What I did to get this file is send the cutlist to excel, then resaved it to a traveldrive and loaded it into the machine. It is the layout without any changes. Please let me know what I need to do.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Chris,

I've taken a look at your excel file and this will not work. You can not directly export an excel file from ecab to nest on the thermwood control. You can only take .esj and .hsf files and compile them into .twds. I've atatched a pict. to show you how an excel file must look in order to work with control nesting. You can also get this image by selecting the \"?\" inside the LOAD screen of control nesting.
Attachments
excel file setup.JPG
excel file setup.JPG (82.8 KiB) Viewed 5080 times
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

Ryan

Thanks for the layout. I'll give it a shot.

Chris