Updated RN but shouldnt have

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Updated RN but shouldnt have

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi all,
I just upgraded to rolling nest V5.0 and Profile modeler V2.0
It states clearly on the updates pages that I MUST have THM software V5.05 build 9 which I thought I had but it turns out I am only on build 6.
After doing these updates I get the attached error when I try to open the THM software.
I have tried rolling back to RN4.94 and Profile modeler 1.1 but I am still getting this error.
Does anyone have any tips on how to get around this?
Attachments
Profile modeler error.jpg
Profile modeler error.jpg (932.21 KiB) Viewed 11067 times
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Paul,

I've replied to the email that you sent to my Thermwood account with some instruction and a .dll file that should get you up and running. The following are the instructions that I had emailed you with the .dll file:

Using Windows explorer on your controller(Ctrl + Alt + E), you should be able to go into C:\\Profile Modeler directory and delete the existing Profile Modeler.dll file. Then, copy the .dll file attatched to this email in it's place.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Ryan,
Thanks very much for that. For some reason the email has not come through, could you please try sending it again?
Could you also send me the link to profile modeler 1.2?
I am guessing I will need to be on 4.93RN and 1.2 profile modeler to get all of this working again?
Thanks,
Paul.
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

You don't need to go back on Control Nesting Versions. The latest 5-0 will be fine. There is simply a version mismatch with Profile Modeler that is causing you this problem.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Thanks for that Larry,
Look forward to receiving the file :D
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Since your having email trouble here's the file. It's a dll so change the zip extension to dll.
Attachments
Profile Modeler.zip
(756 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Thanks very much Larry!! your a great help!
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Larry,
for some reason I cant open the Zip file either,
it says... Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.
If you downloaded this fle, try downloading the file again.
I tried this and it didnt work... Im not sure why I'm not receiving emails from you though, I am getting the topic replies from the forum.
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

The first file I attached was not a zip file. Just change the extension to .dll. It's the actual file.

There is a possibility you may need one more dll. Here it is. This attachment is an actual zip file so extract the file in it and put it in your c:\\Profile Modeler directory on your control.

Of course if just the Profile Modeler.dll file fixed it then you don't need to do this.
Attachments
pskernel.zip
(7.99 MiB) Downloaded 391 times
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Thanks again Larry, I was actually just re reading your first lot of instructions when I received your last reply. Its ok though! I did slap myself and im sure your arm wont be long enough!
Thanks for your help.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi guys,
Everything seemed to work fine to get THM to open again, I just nested a job and everything worked fine, I then clicked \"write CNC\" and it went through the 8 steps and then as it was writing the CNC code it stoped and came up with error \"not a valid bookmark\" If I click 'write cnc\" again the error goes away but it doesnt complete the process of writing the program.
Any other options?
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Paul, I had the same problem a few months ago, Thermwood told me to reload the RN update. This fixed mine, it might be worth a try.
Joe
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Thanks Joe, I saw your post about that and have tried it myself but it didnt work.
Thanks
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Paul,

Are you running Control Nesting 5.0? If so please send your .twd, machine.ini, and tools.thm to cabinets@thermwood.com and I'll look into it.

The machine.ini and tool.thm files are in c:\\Rolling Nest directory on your machine.