Microvellum

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Microvellum

Post by David Hall »

I received my first microvellum dxf file Friday. Neither my customer or I have any experience working with these files and getting them to a router. So I'm not sure my customer is even creating the file correctly. Any insight on the procedure in MV would be appreciated.

Should mvdxf files be separate files for each part? The file I received is a 3D DXF file with all the parts for one cabinet in it. Is there a DXF part list file? If not, how are different materials communicated?

I renamed the file to give it a .mvdxf extension. Control nesting does not recognize this as a valid extension for DXF import. (*.dxf, *.cvdxf, and *.kcdwdxf are shown as valid extensions during DXF load)

Help!

CN 4.94

Thanks,
Dave
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

The .mvdxf requirement is no longer needed. The manual needs to be updated for that.

I did find a problem for rout operations. It appears that Microvellum may be sending a tool number that is not being read by Control Nesting. I will address this, but to make sure I get you up and running PM me your files and I'll go through them.