G52L#

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

G52L#

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good Afternoon
I am trying to use Profile Modeler. So far so good, except when I want to machine it. I get a \"X axis out of bounds\" error.
My fixture offset for G52L1 is my fence location which is X3039.600 and Y2292.000 In my profile Modeler settings I choose G52L1 and select \"xshift\" and \"yshift\" which does not matter because i have tried to not select it and still get a axis out of bound error.
I want to know what i do wrong?
Thank you in advance
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Marius,

How big is the part that you are wanting to machine?
Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Post by Marius Gouws »

Morning
Jason, its 100mm wide and 1000mm in length.
I tell you what i think it is: If you look at the CNC code that the profile Modeler creates- It work in ABS mode, so it 0,0 is at my G52L1 location which is now the oposite corner of my machine 0,0 Now the first line of code it tells it :G01 X50 (something like that) and it is here that i get the out of bound error, because the table is already at its max posision in +X axis posision . When I program manually from my fence location i put a G902(which is the same location than my G52L1) than that is my 0,0 origan piont (am I right?) BUT then to cut from that piont on my X axis i must do this G01 X-50 then it will move. Now either I have set up sometning wrong or I don't understand the concept of Fixture off set. Profile modeler want to move more positive on the X axis and that is not posible.
I send you the twd file of that slots doors.
Attachments
TUOHEY BIC DOORS.zip
the twd file of doors with slots
(168.17 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Marius,

If your G52L# is opposite of machine home, then you need to have the XSHIFT and YSHIFT checked for this.