Thank you eCabs/Thermwood

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Paul Ellis

Thank you eCabs/Thermwood

Post by Paul Ellis »

The quick design time for this display case convinced the customer. I have to build 20 of these for a guy that makes wooden pens. If I may i will post his website?
The wood used is Jacaranda and unfortunately he wanted the dark stain. Perhaps I can convince him to show off the natural beauty of the wood without the stain!
Last edited by Paul Ellis on Tue, May 15 2007, 3:16PM, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Ellis

"If it works, don't fix it"
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Cool case Paul. Please don't take this wrong, but the hinge stands out too much & takes away from your craftmanship & wood. Maybe a different hinge could be used on the out side? Just a thought...Mike
We love what we do, we do it well.
Paul Ellis

followup

Post by Paul Ellis »

Thank you Mike.
Yes I know the hinge is a bit much and its going to change to a piano hinge.(I never take offense to crticism, otherwise how would you improve?)
Sometimes one has to look at something from a different angle to see the changes that need to be done. Like in this case (pun intended!) While working on it I always looked at it from above (well sort of) and from that angle you never see the hinge!
Some other changes also:
The panel in the door is going to be glass and the wood is going to be very lightly stained. I will post more pictures as soon as I built the next one.
His wife liked the case very much and didnt want to change anything bit we both agreed to the changes to get more light inside the case before getting into something like small lights in the top which will push the price up!
Paul