Feature Wall c/w Granite

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Feature Wall c/w Granite

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well.. the granite finally came in for the fireplace surround. The lady changed her mind and decided to go with the riverstone look all around. Originally there was to be black around the fireplace but I think it still looks alright. The first pic of the slide show are the cabinets that came out from the sides of the fireplace. I added a new top, right hand gables,crown mldg, and a full length light valance. It now serves it's purpose in the upstairs den overlooking the fireplace. Here's a link to the slideshow for those who haven't seen it.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Wa ... interval=3

Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

That turned out very nice Wally. I liked the slide show too.

Brian
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Wow! That is some busy granite! The millwork looks great Wally!
Mike
We love what we do, we do it well.
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Wally That is very nice
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Wally,
Nice work there. It seems curious that she didn't want to do anything with the alcove spaces left above the cab work. Seems ideal for bookcasing and an excuse to sell an expensive ladder.
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Thanks Peter..... The upper alcoves will be used for artwork of some kind. She hasn't decided what she wants to put up there yet. There are spotlights on top of the cabs (hidden by the frieze and crown) that light each alcove. They were originally 24\" deep but I built them out to only 8\" deep. They look much better now.