Upgrading Rolling nest

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Upgrading Rolling nest

Post by Nick M Singer »

I have been trying to upgrade Rolling nest to 5.03 and note that you need Super Control 5.05 build 9 How do you tell which build you have. I ran the RN upgrade but it still seems to be V5.02
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Jody Wilmes »

Press Ctrl+V on the controller. This will tell you many things, including what version of THM you are running.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Thanks Jody I will check it out. Just to confirm I did a reinstallation of RN v5.03 and it is still showing as V 5.02.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Jody I checked the version as suggested and find that I am on build 6. That would explain the inability of RN to upgrade to V5.03
I put application in for the upgrade to 5.05 Build 9 of the controller software but have had no reply. Is it possible to download this software?
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member

Post by Jody Wilmes »

The person in charge of handling upgrades has to look at your files, configuration, etc, to determine what is necessary for your upgrade...as each machine is somewhat unique. This is also the reason why it can't be a download. However, I will say something to him. He usually calls/e-mails you with details about the upgrade. Thanks for your patience.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Thanks for your reply Jody. I would need both controller & profiler software. A lot has changed since I have contacted you guys last and perhaps they dont have my new (temporary) email address, it is nick@modernlite.co.za The only thing that seems to be stable in my life at the moment is my Thermwood.
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member

Post by Jody Wilmes »

Nick,
I dug into it a little further and found your request from 10/13/2005 in return we requested some files from you and never heard back. We did receive something from you yesterday but nothing stating you wanted an upgrade. However, the upgrade guy is sending you an e-mail requesting some files again. Hope everything's going well in S. Africa!
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Nick,

There should not be a problem with updating Control Nesting. The only reason you need to have THM updated is to get the functionality for profiling and rental carvings in the nest. These features were added in Control Nesting 5.00.

The latest version is 5.04. Try installing it. If it still doesn't work let me know. There is something strange going on here.

Larry
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Hi Larry I downloaded V5.04 today and it installed just fine. Thanks for your input
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member

Post by Jody Wilmes »

Would you still like quoted on an upgrade?
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

I did not realize I would need to pay so a quote would be in order
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member

Post by Jody Wilmes »

That's not saying you would need to pay. Mainly telling you what will be required and if there will be a charge. There's a few factors that play into it. To determine this, we need to extract a few files from your machine. You should have received an e-mail already stating how to do this. If not, we may need an updated e-mail address from you. Feel free to PM/e-mail me with any other questions. Thanks and have a good weekend!
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Hi Jody I trust that you are reading this on a Monday morning and had a cracking weekend. I did send the required file to Jeff on Wednesday. Just to confirm my mail address is nick@modernlite.co.za. I also put in application for the Profile Modeler update to V2.00. I dont know if that is in the mix?