Paint Grade Job

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Paint Grade Job

Post by Brian Shannon »

This job will be painted white, then glazed. I'm working on hood now. The raised panels on the Penninsula back and Finished ends were cut on the Thermwood Router. I will also cut raised panels for the appliances on the router. I finally talked them into deleting the island. No room! This was a painin-the-_ _ _. The penninsula is a 147 degree angle to match the soffit.
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Real Photos

Post by Brian Shannon »

Rhea Job
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

more

Post by Brian Shannon »

more
Brent Bogardus

Post by Brent Bogardus »

Very nice Brian. I was expecting you to say you cut the corbels and the crown on your router too. I like the way the corners look where the crown meets. How did you do that?
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Brian,
I too like how you installed the crown. Very nice touch.
The counter top on the breakfast deck looks very thin compared to the massive support corbels. Are you going to add a face trim to thicken the edge impression?
Regards,
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

I felt I needed to make some transition corners for the Vinyard carved crown because there is no way to match the pattern. They are made of 2 pcs of 3/4\" MDF w/ a v-groove down the middle and a colonial route on each side. I thought about building up the counter sub-top with a skirt but it is an odd radius and would just be more work to give away on this job. They are putting on a Granite top.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Who gets to put the finish on?
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Brian,
Yeah, I see.
I zoomed in and see that is not the finished top that I thought at first glance at the pix. The granite guys will lip that nicely I suspect.
Still like the work though, customer should be happy.
regards,
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Thanks Guys,

Around here, the Painter/Finisher puts the finish on on-site. I'll post pictures when it is complete. That could be a while. I first bid this job in January '05. They actually wanted credit for deleting the 26 x 42 island that I said wouldn't fit since day 1. This penninsula was such an odd radius and angle that I made a .dxf(actually .tol) of the whole room outline to match the soffit. I then just bumped(moved) my lines over 7\" for my 41\"tall wall. That was the back of my cabinets. I used this Master to cut my decks and rough top. It's amazing what you can do in eCabinets.