Replace material Bug

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Replace material Bug

Post by Nick M Singer »

I have had a rather nasty little bug eat two of my jobs and wondered if anyone else had the same problem. For some arcane reason one fine day when I opened a job a dialogue popped up regarding a \"new material found\" or \"same material found but with a different thickness\" . as we all know the feature to replace the material is still after all this time not functional so I pressed \"cancel\" and the job then opened with a perfectly empty screen. The file is still there and has a size of over 7meg but you can see nothing and no room exists. Goodbye all my hard work!!! AAAAAArrrggghhh!!!
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Could you not add the \"new\" material Nick?
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Nick,

I also am having some problems with this recently. Scott Vaal and I are trying to figure this one out. My job did not go bye-bye but it was worthless by the time I was done with it. The part that I love the most was when ecabs created its own material and kept prompting me to use it when it didn't even exits in my sheet stock. The truth of the matter is you are probably better off losing the job than mucking around with it for 2 days just to scrap it anyway. Definitly send the job to Scott Vaal so he can trace this one.

Forrest
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Hi Dan & Forest I did add the new material and found that it changed two units into that particular material. I then changed them back to the correct material and saved, When I went back to the job the same dialogue came up and that is when I cancelled and the rest is history as they say. I will forward the file to Scott
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

ummm! anyone got Scotts mail address
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Nick,

scott.vaal@thermwood.com

I wih I knew how to make it a link.

Forrest
Michael Rodgers

Post by Michael Rodgers »

I have seen the same problem myself. The main occurance was when I set a material to 23/32\" thickness. We use a lot of import birch plywood for cabinet interiors and when I setup the material it would work fine except when a partition was involved then the same bug as seen before would pop up. Very irratating as I almost had my cabinet library done when it hit. I wound up just deleting everything and will be waiting for a fix before I put ecab to some serious use. Just a thought I have another program that I have used for years without any problem. It handles dimensions by rounding them to the nearest unit that you specify. Maybe this could fix the bug involved with ecabs. Just a thought even though it seems a little long winded.
Floyd Meredith

Post by Floyd Meredith »

Is this a problem with the latest build of V 5?

Floyd
BenRatt

Post by BenRatt »

I am also having this problem. What is crazy about my problem is that it is edgebanding material for a door and the cabinet doesn't even have a door associated with it.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Ben,

Please post the cab for the Thermwood guys to take a look at.

Thanks
Forrest
BenRatt

Post by BenRatt »

When I open this cabinet I get the material not found window. It is for Generic edgebanding for a door, but there is no door associated with the cabinet. I get this on most of my cabinets, even though most don't have doors on them.
Attachments
Catalog 36in Bev.hsf
(224.79 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Ben,

The Generic edge banding is the default edge banding for all slab doors and drawers. All std cabinets have the slab doors/drawers set as default. Have you deleted any edge banding from you’re Define Stock Materials?
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Ben,

If you have deleted your generic edgebanding from the material data you will have to throw your computer away. Why don't you bring it down here and I'll dispose of it for you.

Forrest
BenRatt

Post by BenRatt »

No I haven't deleted it, but the generic edgeband that pops up has a different thickness than the generic that is loaded in the material list. Forrest, I'm trying to think of something smart to say, but It's been a long day.