Control Nesting 4.64 error

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

JohnJenkins

Control Nesting 4.64 error

Post by JohnJenkins »

have found an error in load area. When I click on \"Clear All\", my print screen comes up. Wanting to print what I have not tried yet. Any suggestions?
Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Post by Jeff Norris »

just ignore it, if you want to load another jod just use load or add command adn it will clear the old job
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi John,

We will get that fixed.

thanks,
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Another bug I've found in both 4.64 and 4.66 is in regard to the graph screen feature. There's no graph.

Dave
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Dave,

Can you explain in greater detail. Are you trying graph using F3, F5? Do you have flip operations on this part?

thanks,
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Jason,
I use the F3, F5 (or is it F6?). Anyway, there are no flip ops. I get the green and blue screen with coordinates, but there is nothing on the table! Zoom in and out, move up, down, left, right. There's nothing there. Not since I upgraded to 4.64, then 4.66. BTW, I tried to revert to 4.63 and earlier but I get an error and the software shuts down.

I had a wierd problem today that I've seen before. In the past I thought it must be a problem with the dxf file, but today i took a closer look. It was a nest of parts with lots of dadoes. On the ramp down for the second pass on one part, the bit moved about 3/8\" in the other axis. The sheet had 5 parts from the one dxf file so it wasn't the file. I recut just that one part and it cut ok. I looked at the code and it was ok, there was no x-axis move on the y-axis ramp. I ran the program in the air and blockstepped +and- thru that line and all of a sudden it just continued across the width of the table and went out of bounds. That's when I tried to graph the screen and couldn't.

Tomorrow I'll load the job and see if it happens again.
I saved the original cnc code to email to you. What else do you need?

Thanks,
Dave
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Dave,

The graph will have nothing to do with Rolling Nest. Perhaps you can email me the cnc and twd file to: cabinets@thermwood.com

Another tip would be not to block step + when you are in cuttercomp. Once you are out of cuttercomp it is fine but as you seen in this example, the tool moved off of the table giving you an out of bounds message. Can you email me the dxf file as well?

thanks,
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Oops,
I forgot to email the files to you. Have to wait till next week.

I did try to graph some old cnc files. Nothing thats been written in the last 3-4 weeks will show up on the graph screen. Files written before that time are ok. You said that RN has nothing to do with it, but the only thing I've changed is RN. I do regular updates.

Dave