Upgraded Cherry Media/Bar Wall

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Upgraded Cherry Media/Bar Wall

Post by Peter Walsh »

Here is the final upgraded Media/bar wall from an earlier post.
The customer added quite a few items including a mantel, fireplace surround (gas unit), rope twist columns, and mantel corbels. Increased the overall job price substantially.
Reminder.......the customer can't see what to add unless you show him. Every single improvement rendering I did in eCab resulted in an upgrade order.
Lumber arrives next week and we start cutting.

Merry Christmas to all!

regards,
Attachments
Final Wide Mantel V2 eCab.jpg
Final Wide Mantel V2 eCab.jpg (115.81 KiB) Viewed 8567 times
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Looks great Peter...can wait to see photo's of the finished product!

Mark
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Nice work Peter! eCab really shows all of the details!
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Brian,
There is a little cheating going on. The twist columns and carved corbels were placed in the rendering with a graphics program (Fireworks).
Landed up with an order anyway.
regards,
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

now that you say that...they do look a little different in texture and sharpness - carving on the mantel as well?

Is Fireworks like a photoshop type program?

mark
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Mark Taylor wrote:Is Fireworks like a photoshop type program?
You might say that Fireworks is PhotoShop on steriods. Both come from Adobe but target different uses--PhotoShop for editing photos and Fireworks for creating web (or other) graphics.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Mark,
Dan is essentially right. The BIG difference though, is ease of use. Fireworks is WAY more user freindly than Photoshop (at least for me and I have both). I do fear Adobe, now that they own Fireworks and Flash (formerly Macromedia products), will ease Fireworks out of use and support, and force users to migrate to Photoshop.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Peter

I don't think Adobe will EOL Fireworks any time soon. It is a major component of their Studio 8 Suite and they have been really pushing that as one of their flagship products.

The Studio 8 Suite contains Dreamweaver 8, Flash Professional 8, Fireworks 8, Contribute 3 and FlashPaper 2.

I have to agree on the ease of use. It seems to me that all original Adobe products, while very powerful, are very difficult to use. Original Macromedia products on the other hand have always been very powerful AND easy to use.
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Nice design Peter, I'm wondering about the back on the right unit, Why did the client wanted the grain running different from left unit top?
Mike
We love what we do, we do it well.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Mike,
I didn't get notice of your posting on the cherry media wall project, so this is a late reply.
Good catch on the grain. That was the result of being forced to orient the grain in the first two cabinets sections because the width was way too wide for regular 8 X 4 sheet goods. In the right cabinet the problem is reversed and all the shelves are adjustable so it is either have a grain reversal or a horizontal seam. I opted for the grain reversal but may change my mind by the time I build that cab.
Since the reversed grain orientation was the way the project was presented to the buyer who has a copy of the image, I am not facing any surprises on installation.
Thanks for the comment,