Hello everybody and Happy New Year!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jose Duarte

Hello everybody and Happy New Year!

Post by Jose Duarte »

My name is Jose Duarte and I have been using e-cabinet systems for about a year now. I went to the training seminar in Las Vegas in '05 and I learned just enough to get by.
I'm trying very hard to learn and use the program as much as possible but I'm kind of lost. I'm considering going to the training session for a week in Indiana this comming year.
Is there a section in this forum for \"dummies only\"? I can really use it if there is one.
I still don't know how to make a room with cabinets in it and also how to assemble a whole kitchen full of cabinets and many other things taht I have seen other members do with the program.
I'm very inspired by the work of Mr. Kerry Fullington with ecabinets systems, when I grow up... I want to be just like him!.
I'm also currently working in my company's website and it should be up and running in the next 3 months.
I will like to share some pictures of my work that I have in Yahoo so you people can see what kind of work we do.
Here is the ink:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tocho66/a ... /my_photos

Any comments, suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you very much and Happy New Year!
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Welcome to the family Jose!

This forum is for all levels of eCabinets knowledge, from none to masters like Kerry Fullington.

You have picked the right person to aspire to be \"when you grow up\" :lol: , Kerry is the master of presentations.

Ask away with any questions you have and you will receive responses very quickly. Be specific though, it is difficult to answer vague, wide-ranging questions.

I suggest starting with \"eCabinet Systems Made Easy\" from the help menu in eCabinets. It it you will find an exhaustive section titled \"Working with a Custom Layout\" that covers pretty much everything about creating rooms.

Welcome again and be sure to post your questions here when you run into something that you don't understand.

I'm attaching a short document that I created to help in getting started with \"eCabinet Systems Made Easy.\"
Attachments
Getting Started with eCabinet Systems.pdf
(178.45 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Jose,
The week training in Indiana would definetly get you up and running. Although,You should be able to get a room drawn and a basic kitchen drawn by using the e-cabs made easy available through the software.

Is that you with Sam Maloof in your pics?
Also, if you plan on putting shop photos on your web-site, shut it down for a day and clean it up!!

Please post any specific questions and some one will help you, maybe even the man himself Kerry, or the wizard of anything computer related Dan, who by the way is quite effecient with e-cabs.
Have a good day
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

Welcome Jose
Sam Maloof
Why does that name sound familiar?
We love what we do, we do it well.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

hey mike, sam maloof is famous for mostly his awsome rocking chairs, he has been knocked off by every one. he does many other things but his signature is smooth flowing lines with celebrated joinery. he has at least one video out, it is taken in his shop and is very cool to watch, I know you could not get a chair directly from him, but I have seen and read where some of them go for 20k at auction.Ok, sorry for all lower case, but I was eating my breakfast with my left hand as my normal routine was interrupted this morning by the alarm company calling to say my alarm system had been activated at 5 this morning, so my day got started 3 hrs sooner than I wanted and mesed with my routine!!Check out Sam Maloof, no one I know could not learn something from him.....
Have a good day,
Mike Murray
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

Michael S Murray wrote:hey mike, sam maloof is famous for mostly his awsome rocking chairs, he has been knocked off by every one. he does many other things but his signature is smooth flowing lines with celebrated joinery. he has at least one video out, it is taken in his shop and is very cool to watch, I know you could not get a chair directly from him, but I have seen and read where some of them go for 20k at auction.Ok, sorry for all lower case, but I was eating my breakfast with my left hand as my normal routine was interrupted this morning by the alarm company calling to say my alarm system had been activated at 5 this morning, so my day got started 3 hrs sooner than I wanted and mesed with my routine!!Check out Sam Maloof, no one I know could not learn something from him.....
Have a good day,
Thanks Mike, now go enjoy your breakfast :D
We love what we do, we do it well.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Mike,
Breakfast is over and I am know enjoying my e-cabs! I have a lady coming in today at 1 who has been waiting 3 months for drawings. I always say I wish I had been so popular with the ladies back in high school life would have been different :P
Mike Murray
Mitch Cain
Guru Member
Company Name: M Cain Woodworking

Post by Mitch Cain »

Jose - Welcome to family - I've seen many of your postings on the CMA site and figured I'd see you here sooner or later - Your work is admirable and you will no doubt not only be up and running soon but be a tremendous contributor as well, just as you have on the CMA...

Looking forward to talking to you!
Black Bear Custom Cabinetry
Jose Duarte

Post by Jose Duarte »

Thank you everybody for your welcome! I'm so glad to have a fellow CMA member in this forum. I took the pic of Sam Maloof in his house in his shop, I have a very good friend of mine for many years that is a dealer for Aggazanni bandsaws and I sneaked-in to deliver one that Sam Maloof Ordered ( he already had two brand-new) and this way I got a personal tour of his house and his shop!
I'm placing an order today for my copy of e-cabs made easy. Thank you for the advice.
Happy New Year to everybody
Mitch Cain
Guru Member
Company Name: M Cain Woodworking

Post by Mitch Cain »

Jose,
You can download Ecabinets Made Easy from the ecabinets home page above...
Black Bear Custom Cabinetry