Cabinet libraries missing after upgrade from V4 to V5.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lorin Holzbauer

Cabinet libraries missing after upgrade from V4 to V5.

Post by Lorin Holzbauer »

Ok so I finally upgraded to version 5, and in the process I seem to have lost my personal cabinet libraries. Is this normal? Did I miss some warning about the install over writing my libraries? Needless to say I'm not very happy about this...
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

The upgrade does not overwrite your libraries, just the Standard Cabinets. Did you install it to the same location as version 4?

Since version 4 has been disabled for months now, you obviously don't use eCabinets very much. I can't see what you have to be unhappy about if you don't use the software.
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

you can search your hard drive for *.hsf files. this will locate your cabinets files.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Lorin Holzbauer

No, they are gone but...

After scratching my head a bit, I realized that the machine I had version 4 installed on suffered a hard drive crash many months ago. I believe this is what caused the loss of my cabinet libraries, not the install of V5.

Sorry for blaming the software for my lapse/loss of memory, guess I'm headed for the \"oldtimers' club... :D Having done computer support myself, I shouldn't have jumped to the erroneous conclusion that it was the fault of the software. Me Bad...

Thanks for the responses,
L

PS. Dan, I was speaking in the context of being unhappy about losing the numerous cabinets in my library, I wasn't speaking in general about the software. Before my shop went under last year, I used Ecab V4 many times and it's a rich application with very good support (thanks to the users on the forum and support from eCab systems). Not only that, you just can't beat the price!!!
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Lorin

I didn't realize you had experienced business problems and I shouldn't have pounced on you like that--my appologies.

I do hope that your presence here in the forum means that you are getting back into business and I wish you the best of luck.

If there is anything I can help you with advice wise, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Lorin,

I too experianced the loss of a shop. Going down the tubes so to speak. I had a business partner who was too young in this field. And, needless to say I should have had a tighter reign on the ropes. So, I am the one who needs the swift kick in the @$$. :roll:

Do you need one too? :lol:

By the way Dan means well. Some times he just needs to drink a second cup of coffee. :joker:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Michael Yeargain wrote:Some times he just needs to drink a second cup of coffee
More like a second pot most of the time :shock:
Lorin Holzbauer

Know what you mean about needing the second POT Dan. :shock:

Thanks for the offer of the kick Mike, but my butt's still sore from closing down the first time. :P

A Happy New Year to all, and thanks for the support.
Lorin

PS. Given the definition of insanity I've heard, which is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results, I wonder about myself sometimes... :lol: Then again ya can't blame a guy for doing what he loves...
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Lorin Holzbauer wrote:Given the definition of insanity I've heard, which is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results, I wonder about myself sometimes... :lol: Then again ya can't blame a guy for doing what he loves...
To quote an old Aerosmith song, "We're all here 'cause we're not all there." I think most of us probably fit that mold at least some time or another :lol: