Create countertops is great, but...

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lorin Holzbauer

Create countertops is great, but...

Post by Lorin Holzbauer »

Is there a way to create a cutout for a sink? When I insert a hsf of a sink into the created coutertop, since there is no cutout for the sink, the countertop texture end up in the bowls of the sink. Needless to say this ends up looking a bit weird...

I'm wondering, How do other users deal with this issue?

TIA
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Lorin,
In Detail Room, Double click your counter top to highlight it then right click and choose Part Editor, this will send the top to the part editor where you can cut holes in it, round corners and profile edges.
Kerry
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Lorin,

Once you've created your countertop, highlight it by double clicking, then right mouse click and choose 'Part Editor' from the pop-up menu. Once in Part Editor, make your cutout first, then profile the edge(s) if you wish. Just remember to make your cutout first, as Part Editor won't allow geometry cuts after a piece is profiled.

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Man he's quick :lol:
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Lorin Holzbauer

Re:

Mike Seisser wrote:Lorin,

Once you've created your countertop, highlight it by double clicking, then right mouse click and choose 'Part Editor' from the pop-up menu. Once in Part Editor, make your cutout first, then profile the edge(s) if you wish. Just remember to make your cutout first, as Part Editor won't allow geometry cuts after a piece is profiled.

Mike
Thanks to the both of you, I did get the countertop into the part editor, created a rectangle for the cut out but can't select it to cut it out. The countertop I created does have a "waterfall" edge on the front, is this considered a profile, and the reason I cannot seem to cut out the area?

Do I need to create the CT without a waterfall, then do the cutout, then add the waterfall? Or am I suffering from "newbie syndrome' :)

TIA...
Lorin Holzbauer

DOH...

Boy that 10 months I wasn't using Ecab sure has taken it's toll, I forgot how to use the Part Editor...

All is good for now, thanks for your help...
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Lorin,
You can cut a hole with a waterfall, Make sure you are clicking on the Select tool ( the Arrow at the upper left hand corner of the screen) before you try to select the cutout.
Kerry