Editing Doors/Drawers That are Already Added

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jeff Whippo

Editing Doors/Drawers That are Already Added

Post by Jeff Whippo »

Hi

My first project with ECab is a set of base/upper cabinets for my garage/workshop. Had it all designed using 3/4 plywood for everything (ok, it's a garage). Last night I decided that I'd rather use MDF for the drawer fronts and doors. I could not find a way to change the material for these pieces (total 15 doors/drawers) without removing them all in the cabinet editor and then reinstalling. This would have taken several hours because I took some time to get all the insets/overlays just right. My motivation for changing the design was to reoptimize the cut sheet layouts (where it lays out all the pieces on the 4x8 sheet goods for best yield) placing the doors/drawer fronts on MDF.

Seems to me there would be a simple way to edit the existing doors/drawers but the only way I've been able to do this is to remove and reinstall. Not complaining - software seems very capable at this point! Any ideas?

Jeff
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Jeff,

In Detail room right click, choose all cabs. Right click again and choose edit cabs-change-Doors. This will take you to the door selections.

Forrest
Jeff Whippo

Post by Jeff Whippo »

Great - thanks Forrest - how about this one: Is it possible to change the dimensions of a cabinet and have the drawer (and drawer boxes) resize automatically keeping the same overlays/insets as specified while adding them?
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

You can do that also from the detail layout. Dbl click on the cabinet...right click and select Resize Cabinet. A box will pop up where you can select the new size and whether you want it to resize from left, right or both sides. You can also change the height and depth.

Doors, drawer fronts and drawer boxes will resize also.

Hope this helps.
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

You can do that also from the detail layout. Dbl click on the cabinet...right click and select Resize Cabinet. A box will pop up where you can select the new size and whether you want it to resize from left, right or both sides. You can also change the height and depth.

Doors, drawer fronts and drawer boxes will resize also.

Hope this helps.
Jeff Whippo

Post by Jeff Whippo »

Thanks - I've used that feature, could of sworn that the d boxes did not resize. I'll check again...
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

I might be mistaking here but I think if the d box was added with the d front, it will resize...it may not if it was added by itself.

Again, not sure but mine normally re-size /me thinks