moulding

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

EricHagberg

moulding

Post by EricHagberg »

Hello,
I just received my software about a week ago, and like anyone would like to cut down on my learning curve. I hve been able to work my way through most everything, with the exception of creating the mouldings that I want to. I am able to easily draw in the shape manager, but am unable to go beyond that. Is there a tutorial anywhere to walk me through the process once I have my profile drawn. I would like to be able to not only add the moulding profiles to the drawings, but am curious if its possible to print a dimensioned drawing of the profile for approval purposes. I have read through most of the threads and hav pulled out quite a bit of info, but anymore help would be appreciated.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Welcome to the family Eric!

I'm glad to see you are making progress with eCabinets.

Check out \"eCabinet Systems Made Easy\" on the help menu. There are two topics that are of interest to you here: \"Using the Part Editor\" (located in \"Using the Cabinet/Assembly Editor\") and \"Using the Shape Manager\".

Basically what you have to do is create a tool from your shape and use that tool in \"Profile Mode\" of the Part Editor. This is covered pretty well in these two sections but be sure to let us know if you need more help with it.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I forgot to address the second part of your question about dimensional drawings of the profile.

After you create your tool and profile a piece of stock, you can take the part to the Line Drawing Editor, rotate it so you have an end or cross-section view then add your measurements to it using the \"Dimensioning Tool\".
EricHagberg

Post by EricHagberg »

Dan,
Thanks for the help I'll play with that and see if I can make it work