Quick Question

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Say

Quick Question

Post by Chris Say »

I'm sure someone has already posted this. I would like to be able to put constraints on parts with profile cuts. If these parts are cut from a cabinet part then they would be \"sizeable\". My question is, Is this something that is already being worked on and when is it expected to be released? Any input on making \"sizeable\" parts with profile cuts is welcome.

Thanks
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Chris,

There is already a constraint manager in the system. It is the red clamp in the top of the cabinet editor.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Brian Rowland

Post by Brian Rowland »

Ah-ha! An \"M\" with C-clamp around it--i never realized that's what that icon represented. Learn something new everyday.
\"Do, or do not. There is no try.\"
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

Thanks for your reply. I see the constraint manager and have used it. I am trying to use the constraint manager on parts with profile cuts. That has been unsuccessful in all my attempts.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

You're talking about the \"Error in re-creating profile cut path data\" message when you try to resize a profiled part, correct? Then you get another error when you try to constrain the part.

I don't know of any way to get around this other than to do the profile as the last operation on the cabinet.
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

Hi Dan

I hope you are having a great New Year!

I'm not getting the error you talked about. I'm trying to make MDF doors. I want to do them with router bits we purchased so we can make the doors in two passes rather than \"model\" them and take many more. I made the parts from a cabinet part so they are \"sizeable\". I want to keep the stiles and rails a consistent size and just stretch the door. After putting constraints on the door it just won't change size. Maybe there are too many constraints. If this doesn't work I'll be stuck making a door for every size offered.

Thanks
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

What I did was just profile the edges of a top and try to resize it (with negative insets) or the cabinet.

I also tried to place constraints on it and got the other error.

When you say you are using a cabinet part to make the slab door, do you mean you are using an end or top or something like that?

It may be that you have too many constraints. It is easy to have constraints that work against each other effectively resulting in no constraint.

Try with a single constraint and see if it resizes. If so, add another and test again. Keep doing this until you get what you are after.
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

I have received the cutpath error before and trying these constraints does not give the error.

Yes, I am using a back to make the doors because with the vertical grain on the part and the face view it makes it easy to see what I have. I was unable to change the size of a display panel after adding it in editor or in the batch.

I ultimately want to have a couple door styles that I can pull into a batch and create my sizes there.

I will try one constraint at a time like you said and maybe I can locate the problem. I will post the prototype, with constraints, that I am having trouble with.