Newbie's first post---HELP!!!!?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

wayne chater

Newbie's first post---HELP!!!!?

Post by wayne chater »

Hi Guys;

I've been test driving this software for about a week now and I think I'm doing quite well but I have encountered a few difficulties. I'm trying to produce shop drawings for submission to the general contractor for a commercial contract. Cabinets are frameless melamine/ p-lam.

1- When I bring my layout of one wall of uppers to line dwg editor I can't make the floor disapear in the plan and top veiw. This makes it difficult to nest the veiws as the floor sticks out a mile. I've tried creating the room several different ways but the floor always sticks out past the walls.

2- I'm trying to creat a frameless base cabinet with 2 drawers across the top and 2 doors below. I use front and back top spreaders and one below the drawers. I use a partition between the two front spreaders stretching to the back of the cabinet. The program won't let me use a partition and if I use a stretcher it doesn't see it when I try to install drawers. How do I get around this?

3- Most shop drawings I have seen appear an the page sidways like conventional drawing sizes. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. Can it be done?
Thanks
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Wayne while in LDE, have you used the zoom feature by hight light a drag? That can eliminate a lot in the drawings, I attached a cab file for your review, you must use shelves to achieve this then partitions will work.
Mike
Attachments
B30.hsf
(352.08 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
We love what we do, we do it well.
Bryan Wilson

Post by Bryan Wilson »

Hi Wayne
On #3 the drawing is in relationship the default printer page orientation
hope this helps

Bryan
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Wayne,

You can do quite a lot for presentations to the prospective builders and homeowners alike. You can copy and paste the particular walls while in the LDE (Line Drawing Editor) with the same Windows shortcut keys. Simply click on the wall icon at the upper left and paste it onto another page or the same page if needed.

Also, once the room is complete you may try to lower the height of the walls. by going to the wall editor double clicking on the wall, clicking the 2 (two) nodes at the top of each wall and entering the numeric value of 1mm or 1/32 and the wall will only show as a thin line at the bottom of the page.

Another thing you can do is select the wall while in the LDE and hold the shift key and right mouse the wall into a mor favorable position on the page. See this example.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
wayne chater

Post by wayne chater »

Hi Mike
That file is just what I needed. Thanks. I have altered it to my own specs but do I own the rights to any future cabinet designs derived from this as a seed or do I need to start from scratch?

Bryan
I've Set my printer default to landscape but my page still appears vertical (portrait). What am I doing wrong?

Michael
Your page is horizontal (landscape) how did you get there?
The problem in LDE is to display the top (plan) view. If you copy and paste that wall elevation and then tip it to a top veiw how much of the floor shows? When I do it the floor sticks way out and sometimes out front and back. If I bring it close to the elevation the floor overlaps and sometimes even hides part of the elevation veiw. Same thing if I create a side veiw or section by hiding parts. The floor in this case is only a line at the bottom and not much of a problem. I hope I explained myself.

Thanks again, Wayne
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

As far as who has design rights, go for it. I don't mind.
Mike

upper left corner click \"file\" then click \"print preview\" there is the \"Landscape\" button
wayne chater

Post by wayne chater »

Hi Mike; Is it that simple? I thought I read somewhere that designs/files had a signature or something or is that just when you purchase a library?
Thanks,

Wayne
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

wayne chater wrote:Hi Mike; Is it that simple? I thought I read somewhere that designs/files had a signature or something
or is that just when you purchase a library?
Thanks,

Wayne
I think that is correct Wayne
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Wayne

While in the Line Drawing Editor click the File menu and select \"Print Setup\". Change from portrait to landscape and you will get what you are after.
Bryan Wilson

Post by Bryan Wilson »

Wayne
Dan's right, printer setup in software.
I knew what I wanted to say, but it didn't come out right, last time I tried to help I wrote an essay and, after looking at it, thought I would tone a reply down, guess a little to much :roll:
Maybe I'll get this forum thing right eventually.
Good luck on your eCab endeavors! :!:

Bryan
wayne chater

Post by wayne chater »

Dan and Bryan; Thanks. I get it now, pretty simple when you know whats going on. Any thoughts on my floor problem?
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I don't know of any way to not show the floor in the line drawing. You can hide the floor in the Custom Layout Editor but it still shows in the line drawing.

Maybe someone who uses Custom Layout more than I do can give a better answer.
Bryan Wilson

Post by Bryan Wilson »

Wayne
Kind of a hard way but you can create (add) a new sheet and the just copy and paste the indidual cabinets from the 1st sheet w/ the wall layout to the new sht. that way you don't show any walls or floors.
Just don't size any of them before you finish pasting (shift>left mouse)
I tried selecting more than one and they paste on top of each other, you can still relocate them one at a time (select \"cabinet\", shift>right mouse)

Bryan