MDF door/Drawer front designer bug

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

BenRatt

MDF door/Drawer front designer bug

Post by BenRatt »

Has anyone else had this problem? When you go to select your exterior tool for MDF doors, the \"View\" button for radius comp doesn't work? I can verify that the radius comp check box is working because I can close that window and view the entire door and see the comp. But I've spent a long time being confused by that radius comp button \"View\" button because it doesn't work. Also a lot of the Amana pre-loaded tool profiles don't have radiuses which has lead to a lot of confusion. Hopefully now I'm off to machine some doors.
Ben Ratterree
Blue Ridge Cabinetworks
Spartanburg, SC
http://www.blueridgecabs.com
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

I tried to duplicate what you are talking about. What I found is when I first selected tooling for the door the view button didn't show any movement of the crosshairs. Then I clicked reset view and viewed full screen. Then I went back and deselected radius comp and I saw the crosshairs move. I have a round over tool that I created that I used to do this. When I turned on and off the radius comp the crosshairs moved from the center of the bit to the outside of the bit depending on what you have selected (inward or outward). You must have a size in the box to make this work. I hope this is what you were talking about.
BenRatt

Post by BenRatt »

Thanks for looking at it. When you say \"size in the box\" do you mean a tool diameter?
Ben Ratterree
Blue Ridge Cabinetworks
Spartanburg, SC
http://www.blueridgecabs.com
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

No there should be an \"additional offsets\" box with inward and outward with it. What ever size you put in that box is how much compensation it will travel. I hope I'm right with this information. Good Luck!
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

All the view button does (to my knowledge) is load the tool shape into the viewer. It's the same as double-clicking the tool name in the list.

In order to see the comp the tool must have a radius comp or you have to supply a comp value as Brian says.

Being that the MDF tools are assymetric I don't know that you can actually have a radius comp.