Part Editor DXF crash

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

FredHirsch

Part Editor DXF crash

Post by FredHirsch »

Are there any specifics on the type of DXF allowed in part editor. I use Turbo Cad v11 and have a simple rectangle that has the top corner rounded. I can bring a regular rectangle into part editor but if I do anything besides a rectangle eCabs crashes on import. Doesn't matter the cabinet or part. I've tried on just the un-modified lower and it still crashes.
I'm attaching the dxf file. If anyone has any clues, let me know.
Thank you,
Fred
Attachments
dxf1.zip
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I'm not too sharp when it comes to using CAD programs, but I recall someone else having a similar problem. It seems that the problem was related to using splines to form curves or something like that. Of course I may be totally off target :lol:
Paul Huff

Post by Paul Huff »

Yes your drawing had a fillet from rounding off the corners of your drawing. In Turbo Cad you can fix this by selecting the fillet and choosing explode in the Format menu in the main tool bar. It is best to only use lines and arcs in eCabinets. I did this to your drawing and also converted the lower portion of your rectangle from polylines to lines. This will work in eCabinets now.
Attachments
dxf1fix_170.zip
(4.72 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Justin D Melhiser

dxf file

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

Fred

When you dxf file is drawn up in your CAD software, where is the part located at to the orgin or the 0,0 point? Once I changed the location of the bottom left corner of the part to the 0,0 orgin and took that file to eCabinets it opened up just fine.
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Justin,
No the part was not located at 0,0 in the original cad program. I just located lower left to the 0,0 point in TurboCad, exported and it is still crashing.

Paul and Dan,
Thank you for the prompt response.

Paul, I never thought to delete the fillet. I did do the explode and it went right in to eCabs. Interestingly, Rolling Nest on the machine doesn't seem to mind TurboCad's fillet.

Thanks for your help. Justin let me know if I can provide any more files/info.
Thank you,
Fred