Ecabinets and Cutlists?!?!?!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Jason,

I personally would like to see a set of Icons, instead of a drop-down list in the detail area. this is helpfull for the non-readers like myself :lol: An icon for cabinets, utilities, appliances etc. Also while the idea of insertion is the greatest thing since slice bread and canned bear...Please make available a save dialog for the new sizes that we change them to. Example.

Insert refrigerator>resize>36 1/8W X 72 1/8H > save new item>yes>New name>enter. This saves the new size and a new name for the item then lets you insert this new sized item into the room.

I realize cabinets may not be ideal for this (as this is a little more difficult to keep proportioned especially height wize), but this would sure be useful for applances and doors and windows. We commonly use the same size door and windows but every time we insert a window or door we have to change the default size.

Another idea for the detail room... if we could simply double click on the cabinet and it takes it to the editor. Or maybe if you double click on a cabinet a small popup appears that asks if you want to go to the editor. If not just click anywhere on the screen except the \"YES\" button and you stay there.

One for the road... This was addressed in the earlier forum and dismissed by the \"K\" factor (sorry Kerry no pun intended). I would like the option to be able to select the insert height method. I insert my cabinet at 55\" from the floor unless it's a microwave or other special height. Even if the dialog would allow us to insert the cabinet with variables. (95\" - Height of cabinet.) Similar to the constraint manager.

And yet one more. The option to select an openning on the cabinet and constrain the height. The top drawer openning on almost all my cabinets are 6\" but if I change the height of the cabinet I will loose the 6\" needed for the proper height of my drawers.

I have many others but those are the ones I think would make some things easier.

Thanks for listening...reading.. :wink:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

The ability to turn display parts into mouldings
Dickey Beckham

Post by Dickey Beckham »

I am a one and sometimes when i can get some help a two man shop.
if there are going to be some changes in the cutlist. This is what i would
like to see.
I make cabinets one at a time and would like a one sheet print out of that
cabinets cutlist and maybe a drawing or photo of the faceframe with it. even if we can maybe some how right click on a cabinet in the job to highlight it and a box will drop down with the option to print cutlist. or it can printout the total job but one cabinet at a time. this way i would not have to look thru 4or5 pages or have the hole cutlist out making one cabinet. thanks
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Dickey

You can do this by clicking the \"Filter\" button in \"Nesting\" and unchecking the cabinets you don't want to see in the list. Then click the \"Perform Nest\" button followed by the \"Cutlist\" icon.
Dickey Beckham

Post by Dickey Beckham »

Dan Thank

I am steal leaning this program and have a long way to go, I gust this program can do so much, that it is hard for me to keep up with what it can do. I search the fourms ever day and am leaning ever day.
So this must be my luck day. THANKS
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

Gordon,

The feature allowing us to export to excell was a pleaseant surprise for me....

The reason I stated using e-cabs was for the cut lists..

I do not own a CNC myself and therefore relied on the cutlist to order stock..It has been great...

When I use production sharing the cutlist was a great tool for sorting parts when they arrived on the truck..

As far as using other software instead of E-Cabs if you use a Thermwood...why would you use anything else? (besides Autcad)

Any software has a learning curve...I just left a shop where after one year they couldn't figure out how to do Blind-Dadoes with their software...I showed them renderings, line drawings etc....

It was not the software...It was the drafters...
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
gordonjackson

Post by gordonjackson »

Thanks guys for all the input. That is why I love this forum. I like the idea of using a macro for the time being. I am sure Jason and the rest of the ecabs crew are going to make this a part of the program as well so this becomes a non-issue.
mikesand

To answer your question

Post by mikesand »

Ecabs will do anything that the other programs on the market will do. Make accurate cutlists customised to your shops yields.

Where Ecabs fails is that it takes more steps to get the information and there are fewer options for sorting.

The shop drawings are another feature that has the same issues. It is not \"automatic\" enough.

These are minor issues for me. All the information is there and I can rely on it to get the job done.

The other programs out there have their issues as well, and in my experience their issues were far more limiting for what I do.

Finally, as you see from these threads the Ecab team is actively working on improving their product. No other company out there is trying as hard as Ecabs. Even though they were a few years behind the other companies getting in the game they are going to pass then very soon. If not allready.

Mike S
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Jason,
One thing I would like to see changed is in the room detail. When you take a wall to elevation and then arrow over a cabinet, you cannot see the width of the cabinet in the information window. I do not put cabinet widths in my cabinet descriptions because the same cabinet might be many widths per job needs. The way it is I have to go to plan view and highlight the cabinet to see the width.... Unless i am missing something, and that is a very real possibility.
Thanks
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Michael,
I get the cabinet info when I mouse over a cabinet in Detail Room Elevation View.
Kerry
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Michael, I bet what is happening there is that the cabinet directory & name combined are long enough so as to push the dimension(s) out of the bottom of the info dialog. I've seen this happen before. Would be good if that dialog were either bigger to start with, or would resize to accomodate all of the information.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Thanks Kerry and Jeramy,
I do get the cabinet descritption and some of the info, but like Jeremy says, the box is not big enough and there does seem to be enough room on the screen to enlarge that area. I usually get the height shown and that is it as far as measurments.The rest is there, but I have never found a way to scroll down or enlarge that box.
thanks
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

One more thing and I might quit for a while...

The ability to resize the dialogs. Some windows allow this while others don't. And the ability to adjust the information window to the left of the screen. Yea the directory is rather large. But with that we still need to be able to see the rest.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Anthony Gonzales

Re:

Post by Anthony Gonzales »

Geo Noeth wrote:Rick here is an example. This is a list of face frame components for a small kitchen I just finished.

Mod 2 shows the data sorted by cabinet number for assembly.
Mod 3 shows the same data sorted by size for cutting.
Anthony Gonzales

Cutlist exported to excell

Post by Anthony Gonzales »

When I export my cut list to excell I only get the file icon in the file area I have Open ,print print PP, and Exit.I can't save, or sort.

Any Ideas why
Thanks Anthony