Software... ER!?? soft....WHERE!??

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

MATTASULLIVAN

Software... ER!?? soft....WHERE!??

Post by MATTASULLIVAN »

I, am posting this previously posted topic in this section now, seeing as i miss placed it the first time around! and have been suitable informed i was posting it in the wrong place! ... (SORRY!)

and i aslo know that i can and maybe should actually phone up the States adn see what has happened to my request for this glorious software..(having seen what it can do! and having spoken to other users[ via e-mails that is!] and NOT being sarcastic with my choice of words!) but each time i am at a point where i can use a phone, the States are asleep, and visa versa!!!!! due to the time difference between the U.S.of A and dear old Blighty! :( .. and having tried to get a response from the NEW e-mail i sent a few days ago from the KINDLY provided link... (thanks!) i am there fore posting this \"COPY\" of my original post!!

Hi , i am new to this here forum, and the eCabs system, i had been on the look out for software to help make more time for actually making the furniture/cabinets i need to and have spent an age doing so until i came across a trade site in the states (of which i am now a Member and a Moderator) where upon the site owner pointed me in your direction,....

however... this was before christmas last (2006) when i first applied for both your software and to join this here forum.. i quickly got e-mails regards the forum, hence me posting here! .. but i do not seem to have had neither a reply to e-mails regards obtaining a cd of the software, or a repeated request for the software...

at first i thought it could be to do with the fact i am resident in the U.K. , but soon noticed posts from afar away as Austrailia, SOuth Africa etc...

so it can not be that....
so i then thought it could be the postal system... but seeing as i buy enough toys ( oops! mean TOOLS/TOOLING!) from the states and have had deliveries from early Jan orders, ...it can't be that either!

then i thought it may be the fact my website does not exactly show either much content (yet) or much in the way of modern machinery ... but that is/has been rectified, on the part of some more modern machinery, but my website is no where near up to date, as i am still wasting time designing and drawing out my designs BY HAND!!!!! so have had no time to keep it updated!

hopefully i may yet obtain a copy of your latest software, or at least an e-mail telling me it will be on its way!!!

heres hoping

Matt (a.k.a. WOLF!)

please assist someone! the more i scan and read the posted articles during the twilight hours here the more i yearn to be able to try and come up with the requisit goods (with the aid of the software)to be able to ease the burden of my over whelmed workshop!
Varn@#h... don't you swear at me!!! and remember, wood does not grow on trees!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

HI Matt,
I am not sure if eCabinets is servicing the UK. The reason you see posts from South Africa and Australia is because Thermwood sells routers in those countries and eCabinets is the software used to control the routers. You may have to get up in the middle of the night to call Thermwood and find out if they are even sending the software to the UK.
Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

There are other users in the UK, at least one is from Ireland.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

This had to have been an over site. This is the first time I have read your post. But as it was posted in a different part of the forum I seldom frequent.

I am supprised this has happened. And, I'm sure now that this thread has attention it will be addressed soon.

These guys are the best at what they do and they love it. I sure hope you will be hearing from them soon because this is a fantastic program.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

You might also try calling the Thermwood dealer in England:

England

Thermwood Sales Ltd
Phone: +44 (0)01388 730 201
or
+44 (0)07768 401 598

sales@thermwood.co.uk
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Matt,
Is this your E-mail Address? If so let me know so we can see where it is at, or if has been shipped. We apologize for this inconvenience!

matt@TIMBA-WOLF.co.uk
MATTASULLIVAN

Post by MATTASULLIVAN »

Absolutely fantastic set of replies, and thank you one and all!!!!!

and Todd Miller, i have no objections to my e-mail or my site being posted!! and thank you for your prompt reply!!!....

BUT....... it would seem you guys and girlies (can't be sexist now can i!! :) ) are on the ball all the way!!! ... why?? because you people at Thermwood whizzed a copy out over the pond to my goodself rather rapidly.. it would seem...

HOWEVER!!! the Postal service over here stinks!!! and seem to have sat on it for a while... \" could not find the address... \" yeah right, they have been delivering mail/packages/parcels..MACHINES! even to this address for in excess of 11 years now!!!!!

So i have a disc... and will load it etc later when i am finished making a set of 3 doors!

so a big!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

to alll that have participated in this here task/endever!!!!

keep up the good work!

Matt (WOLF)
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

It seems the UK has the same postal service as the US :wink:
MATTASULLIVAN

Post by MATTASULLIVAN »

Not quite Dan , your postal service does seem way better than ours!!!

last year i ordered up a few parts for a machine, i tracked it across the States.(UPS!) .. to an airport, across the \"pond\"... to Manchester Airport over here... and they LOST IT for 8 days!....Grrr!!!! :x

not bad for a 72 hour service!!!! :o :o

again thanks folks!!!!!
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

That sounds like an experience I had several years ago with UPS.

I had something shipped next-day from Atlanta GA, about 90 miles away. When the package didn't arrive the next day I started tracking it and found that it was in Memphis TN, about 500 miles away.

It seems that since Memphis was the hub for UPS air, everything sent next-day had to go to Memphis.

Here is the whole trip before I received the package:

From the vendor, the package goes on a UPS truck to the sorting facility in Atlanta. From there it goes on another truck to the airport for a ride to Memphis.

From Memphis it rides a truck to the sorting facility then another back to the airport for a plane ride back to Atlanta.

Once in Atlanta it goes on yet another truck to the same sorting facility where it is sorted and put on a truck from the 90 mile drive to me the next day!

As I said, this was several years ago and they have cleaned-up theie sorting/delivery methods but the same sort of thing still happens with the US mail.

If I send a letter to my next-door neighbor it goes from my mailbox to the local post office. There it is sorted and put on truck to Chattanooga TN, about 30 miles away. In Chattanooga it is sorted and put on a truck back to our local post office where it is sorted and delivered. This process takes at least two days and usually more.

So, the UK can't lay claim to ALL of the postal woes :wink: