Build in house doors

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rolf Bergstrom

Build in house doors

Post by Rolf Bergstrom »

I didn't look for other threads on this and it is an easy work around but I was playing with build in house doors and I can't find a way to get sheet stock for the panel material. No matter which door/panel combination is selected, only board stock can be chosen for the panel.
Like I say, it is easy to work around but since we have been discussing cut list enhancements I thought I would bring it up if it hasn't been brought up already.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Maybe trick the system Rolf by entering your sheet stock in the board stock area.
Rolf Bergstrom

Post by Rolf Bergstrom »

Like I said, it is easy to work around. However, the system will still treat it as board stock. In other words, if the door requires a 14-7/16 wide x 26-5/16 long panel you have to have a 14-7/16 \"board\" stock.
There also seems to be a bug in that if you choose to use 5\" board stock to make the panel (you would not typically cut a wide panel from a single board because it would not be as stable as a panel glued up from narrower boards, but that is beside the point as the system allows you to choose any width of board stock to make the panel which makes sense in this respect) you should have three 5 x 28-5/16 boards in the cutlist yet it will only show one 5 x 28-5/16 board.
This kind of leads back to a previous post regarding \"nesting\" of board stock similar to sheet stock but I won't rehash that here.
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

There are any number of areas where it would be nice to have a choice between sheet and/or board stock...I can think of a variety of situations with the doors where it would be benefical to have a choice. In addition it would be helpful in other areas as well - for example we offer solid wood shelving in our \"better\" cabinets.

Mark