Our Next Project...

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Our Next Project...

Post by Mark Taylor »

These are illustrations of our next project...

(but before you ask the illustrations were not created in e-cabinets)...most of the time (not always mind you...but most of the time) I use another program to sell the project and then I build it in ecabinets.

Hope you like it...

Mark
Attachments
craver-002.jpg
craver-002.jpg (102.16 KiB) Viewed 7336 times
craver-004.jpg
craver-004.jpg (88.03 KiB) Viewed 7336 times
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Mark ,
Looks great wish we had big spenders like that in cali. I have not done a whole room in wood ever here :cry:
Cheap ass people :oops:

Awesome renderings

Brian Bauer
Wood is wood , Particle Board is just dust !
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Nice Mark, but I think you could have done better in eCabinets (I know, I know, shameless). Just teasing you of course.

Brian--you need to move out to Palm Springs with Peter Walsh for the \"big money\" customers :wink:
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Very nice Mark. That looks to be a fun project.
I am curious though, why not draw it in eCabinets to start out so that you don't have to do everything twice. It would seem that any time saved designing in another program would be lost with having to do the whole job over in eCabinets.
Kerry
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

thanks for the kind comments gentlemen...I'm particularly looking forward to this job - I like the larger projects! It also has a number of things going on that are not reflected in the illustrations: the sofit above the french doors is actually a raised panel that follows the arch of the transom and the fourth corner which is not seen is actually not a corner it is a 5th wall with a convex radius of 17 feet which will be wrapped with the upper cabinetry and a wainscot following the radius. Reminds me of my days in the boat shop.

Kerry - I've been using eCabinets more and more for layouts and renderings, but mostly on simpler projects. Everything we build is custom, so I haven't really developed a \"complete library\" of cabinets yet.

We also handle two other lines of cabinetry, Showplace Wood Products and CWP Cabinetry - and I have become very adept with design using their \"library\" of boxes in 20-20. It is somewhat limiting, however laying out a room and popping \"pre-made\" boxes and (key word) accessories in is extremely fast. The program also allows a variety of modifications to the cabinetry which is simple and easy and I've learned how to quickly come up with a \"presentation look\" in order to limit my design time prior to a commitment on the job.

The other advantages this method provides for me is a base price (what my cost in those particular lines would be) and a detailed list of the various boxes and accessories needed to build the project. The other huge advantage is, if I can be accurate in design 20-20 produces all my installation line drawings (floor plan and elevations) including (wait for it...wait for it) - automatic dimensioning - with only a few clicks of the mouse!

So for me - the two programs complement each other...each with it's own strength and weaknesses, similar to using excel for exporting and manipulating the cut lists from eCabinets.

Mark
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Dan/Brian,

>>Brian--you need to move out to Palm Springs with Peter Walsh for the\"big money\" customers <<

Or Malibu, or La Jolla, or Carmel, or Bev Hills, etc.
'Course, You could just mail into those zip codes with good looking flyers filled with pix of your work.

By the way Mark, really nice room.

regards to all,
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Peter Walsh wrote:Dan/Brian,

>>Brian--you need to move out to Palm Springs with Peter Walsh for the"big money" customers <<

Or Malibu, or La Jolla, or Carmel, or Bev Hills, etc.
'Course, You could just mail into those zip codes with good looking flyers filled with pix of your work.

By the way Mark, really nice room.

regards to all,
I hear they are going to be building 6 or 8 new mansions in Malibu as soon as fire season is over :wink:

La Jolla? You have to have one leg shorter than the other just to stand up straight with the hillside homes there :lol: Of course the big challenge in La Jolla would be getting the job installed and being paid for it before the house falls into the ocean. Just don't take any jobs there during rainy season.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Dan,
The beauty of that biz is the repeat business with the fires and all.
Peter