edge tape be gone

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jonathan Lester

edge tape be gone

Post by Jonathan Lester »

Good morning everyone.
I hope this is a simple question but we will see. Is there way to remove the edging off a door/drawer front? I am trying to make shapes along the edge of a front in the part editor and it works just fine however the edge tape is still there and doesnt cut out. It would be ok if the edge tape conformed to the new shape but it doesnt. Is this fixable?
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Jonathan,

Why not use a MDF door? You can profile the interior or exterior and it has no edge banding.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Jonathan,
At this moment we do not allow you to remove the edge banding from a slab door. The part will still cut correctly, but graphically will still show the edge banding. I have reported this, and the software guys know about it!
Last edited by Todd Miller on Tue, Jan 30 2007, 2:47PM, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Lester

I tried making it out of an mdf drawer and it appears not to have edge tape but when I try to take it into the part editot it says its not supported. Am I doing something wrong?
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Jonathan,

When you’re in the door/drawer front designer and have the standard MDF door/drawer selected. Flip to the tools tab then press select tool form ether interior profile tool or exterior profile tool and from there you can do your profile.
Jonathan Lester

Walker,
Is there a way to cut shape out of the door like a curve or swoop, and then run a profile along that shape?