Appliances

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Appliances

Post by Tim Massa »

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to get a room put together to pitch to a client in a couple of days and I'm having a sorry time with it. The problem is in the room detail editor. It's when I try to load a refrigerator in a corner of the room and it has been resized that the problems start happenning. For some reason the reefer is 1/16 of an inch more than what it is supposed to be in width and depth. Same goes for the other appliances as well. I tried a work around and resized the fridge a 1/16\" less than what I was after (36\"wide) and that seemed to work. Problem is that when you load a cabinet in next to it, it's spotting it as though the refrigerator still has that extra 1/16\". Spent all day tring to figure it outand the clock is running. Any ideas?
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Set your insert item method to freestyle then you can put the cab where ever you want. Also in settings/preferences>define standard dimensions you can adjust your appliance to cabinet clearance. HTH
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Hi Rick,
The 'standar dimensions' settings were set to the right dimensions, though that is a logical place to start. In fact I put all the fields relating to appliances, walls and cabinets to zero for troubleshooting. Here's what I'm getting:
If I start by resizing a fridge to the dimensions of 36\"wide and 32\" deep and spot that fridge in a corner of a room the resulting fridge, when highlighted, has dimensions that read 36 1/16 wide and 32 3/32 deep. This will happen, regardless if it's placed in a corner or not.
When the fridge is placed in a corner and a cab is spotted next to it, with the 'standard settings' of fridge and cabinet reading 0\" the resulting distance of the cab to wall, with the fridge in between, will be 36 1/16\".
If I change the standard dimensions setting of fridge and cab to 1/4\" and respot the cab next to the fridge the resulting dimension between the cab and the wall, with the fridge in between, will be 36 1/16\".
If I change the 'standard dimension' setting between fridge and cab to 1\" and spot the cab, again, next to the fridge the resulting dimension between the cab and wall, with fridge in between, is 36 11/16\"....?!
Standard setting between fridge and wall, thru all of this, was set to 0\".
Another problem arises when I set base cabs along the opposite wall. After having set the base cabs (all the same depth) I will check the distance of all of them with the wall opposite them. The distance between the cabs and the opposite wall varies! The are all flush up against the wall their being attached to. I checked to make sure that, somehow, the depth of these cabinets could vary by examining them via \"adjust cab features\"/ \"edit cabinet\". They are all the same depth.
I next went to the wall editor and confirmed that the walls are all square or parallel to one another. They are. I'm baffled as to why this is happenning. If it's software related then these problems would be noticed by now by others. Can't seem to figure out what what I may have set up wrong. Going nuts, manual no help. Gunna go for a cup of perspective.....
Tim
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

What is your Dimension Display set as: Decimal or Fractions?
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Dimension display is set to fractions
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Tim,

Could you post a room with a refrigerator and a cabinet next to it and cabints on the opposite wall too.

Walker
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Hi Walker,
Here it is.
Attachments
JoAnne Room.esj
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 394 times
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Tim,

Your walls are crooked, delete the vertical wall on the left and then add a new one. This is an issue and we are looking in to it.
There are other crooked walls too you might want to delete and reapply all the walls one at a time.

Walker
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

This is really a bug. Dims should work properly on angled walls for appliances. For now, you can hover over the appliance and see the dims in the info window on the toolbar on the left.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

The crooked walls seems odd to me. I noticed that they were jagged in the detail room editor display on the left hand side of the room. I went to the wall editor to check their angles and they were all reading perpendicular or parallel to one another. I'm tring to figure out what created the walls running out of perpendicular in the first place. I spoke to Todd over the phone and he mentioned that the wall angle display in the wall editor may not show in decimals and so if a wall is out slightly it may still show it at 90, 270 etc...The question then is when does ninety degrees equal ninety degrees?
Another concern is how the walls were created by me out of square to one another. I typically use start and stop points in the wall editor and use 'incremental' mode for the end points. I don't recall doing any freestyle locating of walls but this seems to me to be one way an out of square wall could easily be created. Again I'n giving myself the hairy eye here and I'll build the walls again to see if this takes out the \"wonkiness\" and let you know if it works out.
Thanks again for the support it's really appreciated,
Tim