dimensioning in line editor

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jonathan Lester

dimensioning in line editor

Post by Jonathan Lester »

Hello,
This is more a question for the designers than aything else. Right now I put dimensions on my cabinets in the line editor which is somewhat slow and tedious, is there another way of doing it? if not what are the chances that this will be addressed in version 6? Not a major issue just looking for ways to make things faster. Thanks for the great program.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

In the current version the only choice you have is to manually add dimensions in the Line Drawing Editor.

There has been discussion about possibly adding automatic dimensioning in a future version but I don't know what the status of that is.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jonathan,
Here is a tip that made the Line drawing editor work much faster for me.
When you take a room or a wall elevation to the editor click on Part and quickly Hide all of the moldings, doors, drawer fronts, counter tops, etc. that might get in your way. This makes it much easier to pick up the nodes to place dimensions. Also set a standard format that you place all of your dimensions and do it that way every time. When you have all of your dimensions placed then choose to return all of the hidden parts. You now have a great looking line drawing with dimensions.
It takes just a little practice to get fast at hiding the objects but it sure made the Line Drawing Editor a lot more user friendly for me.
Kerry
Jonathan Lester

Post by Jonathan Lester »

Thank you very much for the suggestion I will give it a try.