Face frame, frameless combo

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Will Skaley

Face frame, frameless combo

Post by Will Skaley »

I am trying to create a cabinet I build fairly regularly, and am having trouble making it work. I am using face frames for end stiles, mid rail and top rail, but would like to delete mid stiles and bottom rail so as to accomodate inset doors.

Is this possible? If so how? The closest way I have found is to make my mid stiles and bottom rails 1/16\" thick but this creates other problems.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

I have attached a file showing a cabinet I am building.
Attachments
Std Tall Framed.jpg
Std Tall Framed.jpg (13.49 KiB) Viewed 4821 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Will,
Mouse over your doors in this cabinet to get the sizes then delete the doors, the mid stiles and bottom rail and place the doors back manually using Doors/Drawers in the cabinet editor. Save your cabinet and you will have the correct face frames and the correct doors in your cut list or buy list.
Kerry
Will Skaley

Post by Will Skaley »

I am still not gettin it. I want to have one partition offset in the opening, with one door over the small opening and a pair of doors over the other. when I delete the mid stile, I am unable to place three doors over the opening without a mid stile.

My cabinet interior is like the picture.
Attachments
Std Tall Framed.jpg
Std Tall Framed.jpg (12.45 KiB) Viewed 4791 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Don't use the door/drawer editor. Load the doors in the same manner as you would a cabinet--just click the doors radio button instead of cabinets.

Then you select the door you want, enter the size and manually place it on the cabinet.
Will Skaley

Post by Will Skaley »

That works.

I just have to get used to moving and placing objects. I guess the more I use the program the easier it will get.