My hardware doesn't show, why?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

George L Vought

My hardware doesn't show, why?

Post by George L Vought »

I'm new to eCab and have a ton of questions. Will try to post them seperately as they come up.
I have applied hardware (pulls) to every cabinet, yet when put it in the room it doesn't show. It doesn't show in render mode either. :shock:
Yes, I have used the set this as default hardware. I thought I had the steps covered but am obviously doing something wrong. :oops: HELP PLEASE
Justin D Melhiser

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

Did you associate the hardware when you set as default?
George L Vought

:oops: Doesn't sound familiar, where and how do I do that????
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

George,
After you have selected a default pull, you must open your cabinet in the cabinet editor, go to the Door/Drawer Editor, Select a door or drawer front then Click on the Add/Locate Pulls button and tell the software where to locate the pull. Repeat for every door and drawer front, save the cabinet and your pulls will show.
Kerry
Attachments
pulls.jpg
pulls.jpg (248.5 KiB) Viewed 7998 times
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

Kerry, I learned something here too. I haven't had to do this yet for a customer, but I'm sure I'll run into it. What do YOU do when the customer wants to see what a different pull looks like in the whole kitchen. This method doesn't seem very practicle in the environment of a client interview. :(
-Jeff
Mark Barelmann

Post by Mark Barelmann »

Did you accidentally select hide pulls in the room layout? (right click in room..show/hide...cabinet/pulls) Mark
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Jeff,
Once you have placed pulls on cabinets and you use those cabinets in a layout you can open the room in Detail Room then highlight one or all of the cabinets and right click and choose
Adjust Cabinet Features
Mouse over Change
Then Select Door Pulls or Drawer Pulls and you can select a new pull and change the pulls on any or all cabinets at once.
Kerry
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

I figured there had to be a better way to do that. Thanks Kerry.
:D
-Jeff
George L Vought

I went back over my steps. One thing I did find, a pull that has an image available oce may not have it available the next time. Ran into this 3 or 4 times now. When I select \"all cabinets\" in the detail room and then try to change the pulls it tells me that image isn't available. When I picked that same pull out in the door editor it said it had an image.
I'm also having a problem placing the pulls. On a right hinge door I put the pull 1\" from left. That places correctly, but when I try to place the same pull on a left hinge door 1\" from the right it doesn't even show up. What am I doing wrong??? I can place it 2\" from the right, but just the edge of the circle is visible. Isn't the placement the same??
George L Vought

Still needing some help here! :wall:
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

George,
What pull are you trying to use. As far as I know, the Hafele pulls are the only ones that will display in 3D, all others will just mark the location.
If your pull is a handle then you may have to rotate it to place it properly.
I can tell more when I know what pull you are using.
Kerry