Solie MDF Doors

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Rich Kasten

Bill OConnell

Solie MDF Doors

Postby Bill OConnell » Tue, Aug 30 2005, 3:14PM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or eCabinets should be the one.

Has anyone used cutters to make the equivalent of a 5 panel door out of solid MDF? If so, how is that done? Is eCabinets used or another program?

Woodworking the Way You Want It

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby Forrest Chapman » Tue, Aug 30 2005, 4:59PM

Hey Bill,

We make them all the time. There are simple ones that you can do on simple cad by creating a series of tool paths. Then there are complex doors that require more specific doorware like what Thermwood sells called (Panelmatrix), which I think cost 7500.00$. Better make alot of doors. Ecabs has promised a feature that would allow this more easily in V5. You can create a pattern or object and then stretch it any way and the pattern stays. I posted a wish similar to this called (smart parts).

PS There are alot of different bits and profile setups from a single pass (solo) cutter to maybe 5 or 6 passes . Call your local tooling dealer and he should know the most common and practical way for you to go.

Last edited by Forrest Chapman on Tue, Aug 30 2005, 5:11PM, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Postby Jeff Norris » Tue, Aug 30 2005, 5:00PM

i believe that its going to be in the next version of ecabinets, thermwood sells a program called panel matrix that does this as well, just about any cam program will do this, artcam, mastercam,enroute, you could do this with a custom cutter and a dxf file as well.

Return to “Thermwood 3-Axis Machinery”