Solie MDF Doors

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Bill OConnell

Solie MDF Doors

Post by Bill OConnell »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or eCabinets should be the one.

Has anyone used cutters to make the equivalent of a 5 panel door out of solid MDF? If so, how is that done? Is eCabinets used or another program?

Thanks.
Woodworking the Way You Want It
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Hey Bill,

We make them all the time. There are simple ones that you can do on simple cad by creating a series of tool paths. Then there are complex doors that require more specific doorware like what Thermwood sells called (Panelmatrix), which I think cost 7500.00$. Better make alot of doors. Ecabs has promised a feature that would allow this more easily in V5. You can create a pattern or object and then stretch it any way and the pattern stays. I posted a wish similar to this called (smart parts).

PS There are alot of different bits and profile setups from a single pass (solo) cutter to maybe 5 or 6 passes . Call your local tooling dealer and he should know the most common and practical way for you to go.

Forrest
Last edited by Forrest Chapman on Tue, Aug 30 2005, 5:11PM, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Post by Jeff Norris »

i believe that its going to be in the next version of ecabinets, thermwood sells a program called panel matrix that does this as well, just about any cam program will do this, artcam, mastercam,enroute, you could do this with a custom cutter and a dxf file as well.