Seeded Glass

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Seeded Glass

Post by Mike Seisser »

Has anyone here attempted/had success displaying seeded glass in an eCabs rendering? Client wants the glass in this door to be seeded, which I have a source for. The drawing has me stumped.

Incidentally, what would you charge for this niche cabinet? Believe it or not, made of poplar. Roughly 32\"w X 84\"h x 24\"d (granite not included) Finishing and installation included.

Thanks,
Mike
Attachments
Alt v2b.jpg
Alt v2b.jpg (136.32 KiB) Viewed 4949 times
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Mike,
By \"seeded\", do you mean the glass is riddled with bubbles? If you can get a picture of what you want, you can apply that .jpeg file to a display board. Then, move it into place on the door where the glass is. But, this will not give you the transparent (see through) look that the glass does. Unless anybody else out there, has another way, that would be my best guess.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Mike Seisser »

Todd,

I did that, actually, with an image from the Reflections folder which looked kinda cool, but I need the transparency. I wonder if it would have to be modelled piece by piece (bubble by bubble) and saved as an assembly to work?

Mike
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

You can try it, but I don't think you could resize it. I have submitted a request for the ability to make materials transparent.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Mike Seisser »

Outstanding!!! 8)
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Mike, about $1500 finished, add another $4-500 for delivery and install trim out within 60 miles of me....
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Mike Seisser »

Hey Mike!

Long time no talk. I should send you the email I just sent this 'client', you'd probably laugh your @$$ off. BTW, that's a little less than I quoted her, because I don't do finishing in house.

What would you charge me to cut it using poplar plywood? (It's only 3 sheets.) Shipping included..... EDIT: one drawerbox as well

Mike