File Won't Save - Out of memory

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Perry

File Won't Save - Out of memory

Post by Rob Perry »

AAAARRRRGGG !!!

I've started using E-Cabinets recently and have designed a couple projects so far. I upgraded my ram to 1 Gig & put in a Nividia GEForce 7300 Vid Card With 256 Ram. I thought everything was good until it try to make some changes in one project and try to save and the screen goes all haywire & says Out of memory & Presto all changes Lost. I've tried making only a small change & saving but No Go. I'm stressed about getting this project revised as we want to start early next week. Anyone with any Ideas ?? I'm using a new pentium D 2.66 GHZ , 1 Gig Ram

Rob
Rob
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Rob,
this is a problem that has been plaguing several of us for a while. I haven't heard if there is a cure yet.
Here is a link to an earlier thread on this subject Out of Memory
Kerry
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Post by Jean G Voyer »

I suppose the Thermwood team is having hard time as well since we haven't heard from Dean about it for quite a while.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Rob, give me a call at 1-800-221-3865 Ext 245. I may beable to help you out on the \"out of memory\" issue.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Daniel,
I have been plagued with Out of Memory since Thanksgiving of last year. I would really like to hear what you know.
Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

A LOT of users have been plagued by the out of memory issue. Is there anything in the works to identify and correct the issue?
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

I haven't personally run into this issue yet, but I know of those who have. What I've noticed is that e-cabs uses gobs of Virtual Memeory while rendering which can be very time consuming. Especially when moldings are not hidden.
-Jeff
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re:

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Kerry Fullington wrote:Daniel,
I have been plagued with Out of Memory since Thanksgiving of last year. I would really like to hear what you know.
Kerry
I had a customer change their registry key per the link at the beginning of this post and it seemed to work.......................................for about a week. So I really don't know anything. :cry:
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

Thanks guys for your responses

I've managed to do a small amount of work with the file I'm having trouble with. I had to adjust the cabinet size in Cabinet Editor and save before bringing it into the room. Usually it would take me a few trys each time to get it to save.... Very Very time consuming.. I've been trying for hours to put a door on a angle cabinet by installing the door on the cabinet in detail room.. No Go .. It will just not save .. I've attached a screenshot of what happens when I get the out of memory message (the dialog box dissapeared when I went to save the screen image) I'm curious if anyone else also gets the same screen.

I've tried disabeling internet and antivirus ( AVG ) but it does not seem to make a difference. I actually upgraded my ram and Vid Card after I was getting this issue but id did not seem to make any difference.

Daniel.. I tried to call but was unable to get threw.. But according to your last post mabe I don't need to call .. ??
Rob
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

Well I think I've discovered one reason why I'm getting a Out of memory message constantly. I went to Line drawing editor & Deleted all the pages that were not needed ( Pages I used to Check Dimensions etc. )
There was about 18 of them. I reduced it down to 3.
Suddenly I have no problem saving and the speed in which it saves got much faster. In fact everything seems to work faster. I'm Much happier now.. :D
Rob
greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Post by greg youngken »

I'm pretty new at this too, but something I picked up in another thread might be of help for new users. My system started out great but after a couple of weeks of building a library and two kitchen layouts things started getting weird. While I was getting my feet wet I made allot of changes to the cabs I was putting in my library and apparently all those extra changes (or parts of them ) were somehow being dragged around with the cabs even though they where deleted. Now I'm not positive if this is true but after I made a clean library without all the junk, things were back to smooth sailing. I'm running an emachine/ 805 pentium 2.66/533mhz/2gigs ram/3.84 gigs virtual memory/ Nvidia Ge force 7900 GT 256 ram. I've done some average size layouts ( nothing huge, yet) and so far I'm very impressed at how well my budget system is running. Oh, bye the way, I learned that ram is not just ram, they have different speeds? Does anyone know if that's for real?
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

greg youngken wrote:...Oh, bye the way, I learned that ram is not just ram, they have different speeds? Does anyone know if that's for real?
You bet it's for real! Not only is there different speeds, there are different architectures (DDR, DDR2, ECC, Non-ECC, etc). It's a real jungle out there.

For more than you ever wanted to know about memory, check out Kingston Technology's Ultimate memory Guide.

One important note: Don't mix memory speeds in the same system. Your system will access memory at the slowest speed memory installed when multiple speed memory modules are installed.