Veneer sheet quick cutting list/diagram/yield wanted

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

TonyGiunta
Company Name: ToSa Design

Veneer sheet quick cutting list/diagram/yield wanted

Post by TonyGiunta »

Hello,

I need to hand veneer some parts to a couple of cabinets, some two sides(doors), some one side(side panels). What might the best way be to select the certain parts of the two cabinets to be veneered and get a cut list? Each cabinet also needs to have the fronts (veneer) grouped for book matching. Just wonfering if eCab can do something like this. Probably could have figured out the amount of veneer manually (brain) by now :?, but why use your brain when you don't have to :D Thanks!!
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Tony Giunta,

This will help with the sides of the cabinet. I don't know about the other parts.

While in the detail room section double click on the cabinet and press \"S,J,C\" on the keyboard. (That is right click select adjust cabinet features> then select cabinet end.) A dialog will pop up that will let you add door panels or vaniers to the cabinet.

You will need to add a sheet stock for the cabinet vanier
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
TonyGiunta

Post by TonyGiunta »

Thanks Michael, that's a pretty good solution for the side panels.

I will now see if anyone can suggest something for the doors.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Tony,

If you take the cab into cab editor you can choose group parts and select the parts. If you want drawer grain vertical you will have to add this way so you can group lets say 3 fronts on a sink base. Hope this helps.

Forrest
TonyGiunta

Post by TonyGiunta »

Hi Forest,

Thanks for your response. I do know how to group together dwr/dr for grain match. I am trying to get a veneers cutlist of some 5/8\" mdf fronts I will be hand laying up onto both sides of the mdf. I want to edge them first with hardwood before laying up the faces, so that prevents me from pre laminating the sheet stock THEN cutting the fronts. I don't know if I can bring in a duplicate cabinet and delete everything but the fronts. That would be my best guess at a work around to get a count of the veneer required for the back side face of the doors.