making walls

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bobby Standridge

making walls

Post by Bobby Standridge »

Hi, I'm new to using the eCabinet system and need some help making a wall in the wall editor. How's the easiest way to make a wall that is 153 inches by 151 inches. I have used the rectangle tool to make walls, but I can't figure our how to make the size wall I need. It makes a wall and after the wall is made I then see the size of that wall. Also the manuel said another way to make a wall is to input the X and Y starting point. I have no idea what they mean by inputing the X-Y starting point, but I would like to know how to use that method also, and how is the easiest way to make the 153 x 151 inch wall.
greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Post by greg youngken »

Do you mean height by width or is this two walls. I don't know if you read through the ecabinets made easy, but it gave me allot of help. As far as the x,y, on is horizontal and the other vertical on your screen input 0 for x and 0 for y will start your wall at the zero point on the screen then input the length of your wall as the end point , I think it would be y is 0 and x 151 or three or whatever it is, hope this helps
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
Bobby Standridge

making walls

Greg, thanks for the response. I've been away from the computer for a while. What I meant was it is a room 153 inches wide by 151 long. What is the easiest way to make that size wall.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Bobby,
In the wall editor you will see some icons where you found the rectangle. The icon next to it is the one you use to make walls. It is a diagonal line icon. Click on this to select it. Then, notice down lower on the side bar there is a field for setting the wall height and thickness. Make sure these are set for what you want before you start to draw walls. Once you have selected the line icon, left click anywhere you want to start a wall and drag the line in the direction you want to build the wall.
When you get to the length you want left click again ONCE. At this point you will notice that the numbers in the \"Dimension\" box are highlighted. This represents the actual line length you drew. It may not be the length you want and while the numbers are still highlighted, you may enter the exact length of wall you want and hit enter. The wall will re-size to that dimension.

Double clicking on a wall will take you to an elevation view of that wall where you can adjust the height of the whole wall or either end to make a sloped wall, etc.

This should get you going. The rectangle icon is generally used to make rectangular openings through the wall as in doorways, etc.
regards,
greg youngken

Post by greg youngken »

High Bobby, Im pretty new at this too but I'll give it a shot. If you use the square tool to make a square room you will see the dimensions as you move the tool. Move the tool to the desired dem and click the mouse. you can then delete the two other walls if you want an L shaped room. Also you can specify the height before you begin.
grali.com
greg youngken

Post by greg youngken »

Peter, you saved me with that great response, I guess I'm a little eager to help. I will get there someday.
grali.com
Bobby Standridge

making walls

Thanks guys, both of you have been very helpful. Now I can go back to my e-cabinets system and continue to work on my project.