software questions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bobby Standridge

software questions

Post by Bobby Standridge »

I have recently received my cd for e-cabinets. Today, which is 4 days after receiving my e-cabinets cd, I received my KFC design sharing library cd. I loaded both CDs and I finally was able to locate the cabinets in the batch cabinets sections but I can't figure out how to move them to another location and combine them into a kitchen form. I can move them and view them one cabinet at a time in the cabinet assembly section, but that's all I can do. I have looked in help section of the online manuel but can't find anything that tells how to do this.
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

Bobby,
Open the software, click on the icon that looks like a single cabinet. Then right click in the work area, and click load item on the drop down menu. That will take you to the cabinet library. For now select standard cabinets, then select a cabinet (a blue line appears below the cabinet), then click ok. The cabinet will load in th work area. This software can have a steep learning curve. I suggest takng the weekend and going through the \"ecabinet systems made easy\" cover to cover. If you get stuck, post to the forum and someone will help you. Welcome aboard!
-Jeff
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

Sorry Bobby, I just read back through your post and realized I didn't answer your question. :oops: Kitchens are developed in the custom layout area. That's the Icon on the top that looks like an L shaped cabnet layout. Once there, go to wall editor & draw your walls, Then click done. Back in Custom Layout, click Detail room. This is where you add cabinets to the room. Click the drop down next to select item to install, select item, the select what you want to install from the window that opens. Hope this helps?
-Jeff
Bobby Standridge

Post by Bobby Standridge »

Jeff, THANKS for the assistance and your first suggestion worked better than the way I had been using to get one cabinet to that space. Now I will try your second suggestion for completing the process. Are the suggestions you gave me in the manual that clear or did you just explain it in a different way than the manual explained it.
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

Bobby,
All you do is repeat the process as far as the detail room section is concerned, until you have it layed out the way you want it. But the process of developing cabinets and layouts is far more complicated to get anacceptable result. Take my suggestion about ecabs made easy. Once you go through the hole thing once it will make MUCH more sense. In a week or so, this will all be second nature. If you don't understand something, or get stuck, post a note.
-Jeff
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

How's it going?
-Jeff