New Rental Carvings, etc.

Place to discuss only the "Design Sharing" aspects of the eCabinet Systems software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

New Rental Carvings, etc.

Post by Jody Wilmes »

Just an update on our latest additions to the Rental Library!
We have added a series of marine themed carvings to our library along with several other general carvings. These carvings include both inset and onlay types.
In addition to these, we have added a series of Rope Posts to the library. The Rope Posts are defaulted to 48\" in length and 4\" in diameter and are scalable. You may also choose to download either left or right twists. These posts do require the use of the Rotary Playback device. If interested in obtaining one, contact us for a quote...but don't forget about the Production Sharing! Those of you who do not have one may be able to find someone who can machine them for you.
As always, if you have any suggestions/recommendations on anything, let me know! For now, we are working on adding more posts AND hunting themed carvings such as deer, ducks, etc. Enjoy!
(Click Picture to Enlarge)
Marine Inlay:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marine Onlay:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
(Click Picture to Enlarge)
Rope Posts:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

carvings

Post by Joe Soto »

Jody, I may be overlooking them but I can't find these carvings or the two new mirror frames in the online store. What else do you have in the works? I would like to see some corbels/counter top supports and some more moldings that could be used as clip corners or island legs.
Thanks,
Joe
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Need roping

Post by DanFecteau »

I need those kind of rope for a job, maybe 100' of them , about 2\" diameter , not half rope, full 2\", anybody could machine some for me and sell it to me , I don't know if it would be mahogany, cherry or maybe just white wood and I'll match it. Thank you.

aspecdaniel@sogetel.net

By the way, if quality I like, maybe we would buy that rotary thing.......
Chad Price

?

Post by Chad Price »

If I rent one of the rope molding can I resize it? Let's say I need a half rope 3\" wide will these work?
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Jody Wilmes »

Most of our rope molding is .75\" wide. Scaling the program from .75\" to 3\" wide would result in too big of a stepover for the tool. We've tried this in the past and the result was not desireable. We have made some 4\" diameter rope columns on the rotary playback though, which could be scaled down to 3\" dia. These can be found under the Rotary Carvings HERE on page 2.
ImageImageImageImageImage
The problems with creating rope molding on a 3-axis machine that large include tool length to properly model the sides of the rope....much less get good detail on the side of the molding.