KD/RTA Back

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Justin Friesen

KD/RTA Back

Post by Justin Friesen »

Hi everybody,
With the new version of 5.1 I have had an opperation change. We use KD/RTA's in our back. We put the to the back of the cabinet to be hidden. Now in the new version when we put the KD/RTA's to the back it becomes a flip opperation. Could anyone tell me why this has changed, if it were accidental or on purpose.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Justin,

Is the material single sided perhaps?

Forrest
Justin D Melhiser

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

Justin

Do you have any other cuts or operations ont he front of the back part of the cabinet? Like a blind dado shelf?
Justin Friesen

Post by Justin Friesen »

Hi guys, I do not have any other cuts in my back just 3 KD/RTA holes on each side, nothing else. Forrest I am using 2 sided white mcp, no grain. This problem has just occured when we updated to v5.1. Thanks for your help guys.
Michael RA Greschuk

Post by Michael RA Greschuk »

Hey Justin I took one of the the old cabinets we drew and nested it without issue at the machine with no flips on the back you might want to check your material and see if the single sided box is checked for your 16mm white MCP. :? I'm running 5.1 in Ecabs and 5.13 rolling nest :? Regards Mike :)
Justin Friesen

Post by Justin Friesen »

Hey Mike, how are you. I have also taken an old cab that we have drawn and it worked fine too. But when i draw a new cab I am getting this error. Haven't changed anything with the material. I am running v5.19 rolling nest. I don't think this is the issue because when I nest it in e-cabs it shows a flip for the backs. Thanks for your response Mike, hope to hear back from you soon.
Michael RA Greschuk

Post by Michael RA Greschuk »

Hey Justin I'm doing OK I guess weathers nice today +15 and sunny I also tried drawing a new cab without any trouble the only thing I can suggest is roll back rolling nest and see if that makes adiffrence and or create anew hole pattern for your rta could be the dreaded metric issue again I'll play around with it at home tonight and see if I can come up up with that issue! is it showing flip on your desktop or just at rolling nest?give my greetings to everyone there :)
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Justin,

Please post the cabinet that you are having this issue with. I will take a look at it and see if I can reproduce it.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Justin Friesen

Post by Justin Friesen »

Thanks for looking into this Scott. It's weird because I have never had this problem with any other version of e-cabs, just v5.1
Attachments
Oak Cab-Back.hsf
(168.1 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Justin,

This is the same issue that I discussed in a post from Thom Davies http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5281 . Even though you are using both a post hole and a cam hole with the KD/RTA, it has the same problem because your cam hole does not break through the edge of the part. If you will note, the edge of the part that has the cam hole is getting a small circle cut into it from the post hole. This is the issue that is causing the troubles. We will have an update out that resolves this very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Justin Friesen

Post by Justin Friesen »

Thank you so much. You guys are doing a great job and I couldn't be happier. Thanks again for all you have done. :D