Aggregate Tool

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Nemanja Vujkovic

Aggregate Tool

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

Are aggregate tools competible with Profile Modeler?
Roger and i are trying to run radius molding thats 3-4 inches thick and the profile is on inside.
Can this be done???
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

By design, horizontal tooling is not supported by Control Nesting. Horizontal tooling typically would not have enough clearance between parts to access side cuts. Also, typically parts using horizontal tooling require some sort of fixturing that raises part off of table to allow tool to reach for cutting.
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

Ryan...someone from thermwood is coming ourway this week...if it's you please come by the shop floor and say hi to Nano and Roger..anyways here is what we want(well we want radius crown but his is the start)
Attachments
crown.jpg
crown.jpg (37.91 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

I'm not sure who is going to be stopping by your facility this week. I do know that I'm in house this week though. However, if I were the one comming out your way, I would certainly stop in to say hello :)

The pict. you've attached should be able to be done using Profile Modeler. The groove around ring would probably look nice with a regular endmill taking a single centerline type tool path.