Re-sizing errors with build 2

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Kulin

Re-sizing errors with build 2

Post by Tim Kulin »

When I resize a cabinet either in the cabinet editor or with the dialouge box that comes up after \"Install/Item/Cabinet\" I get a very long wait while it processes the door style, then the resulting cabinet carcass is resized but the doors, drawer fronts, and face frames do not resize.

I did get one cabinet to resize by repeatedly changing the width in the cabinet editor. After 4 or 5 tries it finally worked. First attemts still always fail.

I have uninstalled build 2 and reinstalled it, and the problem persists.

Any help?
Justin D Melhiser

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

Tim
Will you send me that cabinet so I can load it up and take a look at it for you.
If yoy send it, please send it to cabinets@thermwood.com or jsut post it here on the forum. THank You
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

I have also had different problems since build 2. When adding door ends on a cabinet after I finished I had 3 drawers floating above the kitchen in different spots. They were part of the cab I had just changed. This happened a couple of times and I had to delete the cab and redo it. Also everything is real slow now and it wasn't before. It takes 3-4 mins. to add a finished end on a cab.
Tim Kulin

Post by Tim Kulin »

Here's an example of the problem.

Tim
Attachments
B2434.5BD.hsf
(283.55 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
Tim Kulin

Post by Tim Kulin »

I never heard back on this problem. Anyone figure out what the problem is?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Tim,
I deleted the doors, drawer and shelf then turned off face frames.
I then turned face frames back on added the mid rail, shelf and doors and drawer back. It seems to be working fine.
That doesn't help with what caused your problem though.
Kerry
Attachments
re-size_01.jpg
re-size_01.jpg (58.49 KiB) Viewed 8231 times
re-size_02.jpg
re-size_02.jpg (73.15 KiB) Viewed 8231 times
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

I have been experiencing a similar problem while resizing in the room. After I re size a cabinet, the drawers overlap by about 1/4\"
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Tim Kulin

Post by Tim Kulin »

Kerry,

You're correct that it's easy to fix, but I'd sure like to stop it in the first place. Very time consuming.

I've noticed that if you resize in the room or when adding a cabinet to something smaller, the doors, drawer fronts and face frame rails are left too long. If going larger in cabinet size, those same parts end up too small. I haven't checked for sure, but I think the resize function is just missing those components.
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Tim

Did you make this cabinet from a v5 standard cabinet or is this cabinet from an older build?
Tim Kulin

Post by Tim Kulin »

The cab was originally built from version 4. It's part of a large standard library I use.
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Tim,

In v5 we made a lot of changes for the doors and drawers. These changes where made to help the placement of the drawer boxes. So if the doors and or drawers that are on your cabinets are from v4 then that is the problem. You will need to delete them and re add them to avoided further incorrect placement.

Walker
Tim Kulin

Post by Tim Kulin »

That is one big bummer. It took me something like 40 hours to develop our library the first time around as it contains dozens and dozens of cabinets.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Walker,

Do you guys ever anticipate making a batch converter for the new versions that come up?

ie.

There are several cabinets that have stiles from a specified size in other cabinet directories that I developed in the V4. As you know, we use to specify 2\" stock for example in face-frame material. And, when you bring in that cabinet now in V5 it asks to add that material. It doesn't give you the opportunity to choose from the stock we developed in V5.

You guys did a fabulous job in V5, but some sort of import thingy would be helpful...

Cheers
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650