Error sharing .esj file

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bill Ward

Error sharing .esj file

Post by Bill Ward »

I sent an .esj file to another user to look at and he gets the following when opening it. When he opens the file it says \"Unable to open Ecabinets file data\" and then says \"There was an error after opening the JOB file.\"

I am still running v5 build 12. He has the latest update (as of this morning) so it must be v5.1 build 2.

For him to open my room layout, I should only have to send him the .esj file, correct? It has cabinets I have created and saved, as well as assemblies, which were all created from the basic eCabinets install. (No special 3D files or appliances or anything else which I might have added.)

I would like to know if there is something more that the .esj file I need to send him. (I haven't had to share before, all my work had been done on one PC.)

Thanks,
Bill
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Bill,

If you emailed the file then you may need to zip it. Ocasionaly bad files have something to do with the email provider and may need to be sent again. You can also try posting the file in a private message on this site and sending it to him.

Forrest
Bill Ward

Post by Bill Ward »

Thanks Forrect, I will try zipping first.
Bill
Bill Ward

Post by Bill Ward »

I zipped it up and sent it. It worked fine. Thanks for the advice!