More transparencies

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Say

More transparencies

Post by Chris Say »

I am still getting wierd results with my doors after 5.1 bld 2. I read that this was fixed in this build. I have a couple scenarios where transparent doors are created. Most of the problems occur with drawer banks. I notice that after I add a door then take it into part editor to make the handle pattern the door will turn white when it is regenerated going back into the main screen. Then I take the door to the constraint manager, put constraints on it, then return to the main screen. At this point if it is a drawer bank some or all of the fronts become transparent. Sometimes if they are just double doors the color will return to the door. About 99% of the time a door with part editor cuts, banding, and constraints will have some sort of \"body\" problem when resized. Attached are some jpegs of what I am talking about. I emailed the job with all these cabinets in question to some techs to look at. If you need any more information let me know.[/img][/flash]
Attachments
Part Editor Fronts.jpg
Part Editor Fronts.jpg (45.5 KiB) Viewed 11172 times
Partially Transparent.jpg
Partially Transparent.jpg (37.7 KiB) Viewed 11172 times
Transparent doors.jpg
Transparent doors.jpg (56.52 KiB) Viewed 11173 times
greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Re: More transparencies

Post by greg youngken »

I notice that after I add a door then take it into part editor to make the handle pattern the door will turn white when it is regenerated going back into the main screen. Then I take the door to the constraint manager, put constraints on it, then return to the main screen.

Criss, I'm not sure what's going on, but can I ask why you take the door to the part editor to make the handle pattern and then put constraints on it? Is there a reason you don't do this in the add door/drawer editor? I'm kinda new at this and learn allot from these post so forgive me for asking, I'm just trying to understand the software better.
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

You asked a good question. The reason why I go to part editor is to put the handle hole locations on the front or door. I then go to constraint manager and put constraints on the hole locations so when I go to re-size the cabinet the handle location stays in the same relation to the location I originally placed it. I hope that makes sense.
greg youngken

Post by greg youngken »

Cris, that makes sense... Do you have problems re-sizing so that handle locations change? I typically use the add hardware feature in the add door/drawer screen and I haven't had any problems w/ re-sizing. The handles show up where there are supposed too. If your having problems resizing there could be more going on than just the transparent doors, or maybe it's related ? I'm still a newbee so I could be way off , but I don't think you should have to use the part editor for handle holes and then constrain them ? It should be automatically constrained within the add hardware feature...HTH
grali.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Your are correct Greg. When you locate the holes you specify the distance from the top and edge of the door and that creates the constraints. If the hole pattern you need doesn't exist, you can create one and associate it the the hardware you want to use.
greg youngken

Post by greg youngken »

Thanks Dan, I think I'm getting addicted to this forum, I'm not sure if that helped Cris out of the transpaent door issue, but I can't help but think it could be related ?
grali.com
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Ya, your hooked now Greg. Somebody get the man an avitar. :lol:
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Chris,
I agree with Greg. You have all of the tools you need to place handles and pulls using the door editor. The pull locations will stay the same when you re-size the door. By using the part editor and constraint manager you are just creating a lot of work for you and the software.
Spend a little time studying the Add/Locate Pulls section of the Door/Drawer Editor
Kerry
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

As far as I know I can't associate a hole pattern to the particular pull we use. It is the AM-BP76312-26D 4\" wire pull in the Amerock catalogue. I have made a handle pattern and tried to associate it to the pull with no luck. I have also tried to associate a hole pattern to the pull in the default prompt. There is no such association. Please tell me if I am going about this the wrong way. I would love to speed this process up!
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

As far as I know I can't associate a hole pattern to the particular pull we use. It is the AM-BP76312-26D 4\" wire pull in the Amerock catalogue. I have made a handle pattern and tried to associate it to the pull with no luck. I have also tried to associate a hole pattern to the pull in the default prompt. There is no such association. Please tell me if I am going about this the wrong way. I would love to speed this process up!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Chris,
You might use the Wood Technology WT-3315.040.010 to mark your positions. It is a wire handle with 4\" centers which should work with your Amerock pull.
Kerry
greg youngken

Post by greg youngken »

Criss, I think when you mark the location of a pull it doesn't show the two holes, it just remembers the position of the pull, do you use a cnc for cutting these doors ? If not, I think I would find a handle that actually shows up and just use that for the rendering. Or maybe they could get us a 4\" handle, I use the 96mm which is pretty close and you can easily find a low cost substitute for the amerock, anything to keep from doing it the way you discribed, that sounds like a real hassle, I feel for you bro, sorry I didn't really fix your transparent door issue.
have a great weekend
grali.com
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

Kerry

I found the wood technology pull you described. The pull shows up on the cabinet but there are no holes on the door when I nest it. I do not want the pull to show up in the renderings, I just want the holes so the router can machine them. After double checking the associate hardware option there is still no pull association. I am running V5.1 bld 2.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Chris,
This was my mistake. I never nest doors so I didn't realize that the mounting holes did not show up on the nest for a router. I just assumed that they did. I don't understand why this isn't a feature. Why go to the trouble of precisely placing pulls on a door if it is not going to show and nest the hole locations?
Maybe this needs to be a feature for a future version.
Kerry